14: Telling Mom

"Seokjin?!" I rip apart from Jungkook at a lightning speed.

An infuriated Jin stomps towards the two of us and steps in between us.

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing to Sunny?!" He barks at Jungkook, taking a protective stance in front of me.

"I was making out with her, obviously. Just who do you think you are?" Jungkook raises his voice at Jin, and I can tell that any good first impressions are out of the question.

"I'm her brother!" Jin exclaims, and I can see Jungkook's face drop any expression it had.

"B-Brother?" He stammers on his words, trying to sneak a look at me behind Jin's shoulders.

"Yeah I'm her brother you little punk!" Jin latches onto Jungkook's paint stained collar, threateningly yanking him around. "So who are you?!"

"Woah! Woah!" I jump, trying to pry them off of each other. "He's my boyfriend, Jin! Take it easy!"

"Boyfriend?!" His eyes widen as his grip on Jungkook loosens enough for him to slip away.

It's a while after the almost tussle, and paint covered me and Jungkook sit on my couch, while Jin paces back and forth in front of us. He stops for a second, and I glance over at Jungkook.

"Boy- Boyfriend." He mumbles to himself. "You didn't mention that you had a boyfriend."

"I forgot to tell you..." I answer his pending question. "Besides, I didn't think it was that big of a deal-"

"It is a big deal! It's your first boyfriend! Do you know how long mom waited for you to finally find someone?!" He shouts, and I immediately feel my face start to become red.

"Shut up Jin!" I snap back at him.

"I'm your first boyfriend?" Jungkook whispers from beside me, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Don't you start, too!" I whine, feeling more embarrassed by the second.

"What were you two even doing- I mean besides... well you know!" Jin points at the both of us. "I mean- why are you covered with paint?"

"I was painting, but I got a little carried away..." I shyly scratch the back of my neck. "But-"

"Wait." He interrupts my answer. "You... were painting? Really?! You mean you can finally paint again?!"

A smile begins to form on my face as I reach for Jungkook's hand. I take it in my own and look up at Jin.

"I'm able to paint now, because of him." I explain. "He gave me inspiration once again."

Seokjin takes another look at the two of us, except now his face has a different expression altogether. His overprotective brotherly side gets pushed away for a second as he looks at the two of us with solemn eyes.

He lets out a huff, running a hand through his light colored hair.

"Fine." He sighs, putting his hands on his hips. "I can forgive you for forgetting, but you!"

Jin juts a finger out at Jungkook.

"If you're the reason why she can paint again, I guess I have no complaints." His eyes flash over to me. "She seems to like you fairly well, so I have no problems. As long as you're good to her, I mean."

"Absolutely." Jungkook answers without a second thought. "Sunny is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I'm so grateful that I get to call her my girlfriend."

That anwer seems to satisfy Jin, and he nods his head.

"Say," He starts, his dark eyes flashing over Jungkook. "Just what kind of job do you have anyways? Do you work at the company where Sunny works?"

Jungkook nods. "Yes, sir. I'm her boss."

Jin's eyes widen once more, and he rubs his temples.

"God, you kids are going to give me a heart attack." He shakes his head. "I don't know how you managed to snag the CEO of your company, little sister, but I'll be taking my leave now."

Shaking his head, he begins to head towards the door. Before his hand turns the handle, he gives me a final look.

"I'm not telling mom. You can have that job, yourself."

After I tell him goodbye, he makes his exit.

"Sorry about that." I comment to Jungkook as I walk to the bar in my small kitchen. "I had no idea he'd be coming today. He rarely visits."

"No, its fine!" He reassures me. "You're not the only one with a sibling that can be a handful. Jiyoung bothers me so much at times."

"Really?" I ask, being curious.

"Oh definitely." He nods. "She gets most of her personality from my dad, while I get mine from my mom. We're almost polar opposites."

"That's interesting." I smile, being happy to learn more about him.

We talked for a couple more hours, and we even tried to scrub the paint off of our faces until Jungkook had to leave. He didn't want to, however, but after convincing him that he couldn't stay, he left.

Once he leaves, I take a hot shower. The feeling of scrubbing paint off gives me a sense of déjà vu.

"I always get soaked to the bone with paint when I'm around him." I smile to myself, thinking back to our two paint kisses that we shared.

After I'm finished showering, I take a seat on the couch and fish out my phone.

Great. I have to call mom.

I search through my contacts until I reach her number, and I sigh as I press the call button.

I'm going to get an earful for this, I'm sure.

"It's about time you called me, young lady!" Her booming voice comes through the device in my hand. "Seokjin already told me everything! So don't bother trying to deny anything!"

"What?!" I jump to my feet. "I'm going to kill him! He said he wouldn't say anything!"

"You thought you could hide a boyfriend from me, you crazy girl? Don't you know a mother knows everything?!" I grimace when I hear her voice.

"I honestly forgot! I haven't been dating him for that long, so it slipped my mind!" I defend myself. "But mom, I think you'd like him! He's very sweet and he treats me like I'm the only girl in the world!"

I slump back into the couch as I think about him.

"Oh really?" She replies, and I can hear a mischievous tone in her voice. "Bring him here and let me meet him, then."

"What?" I sit up on the couch. "What do you mean bring him-"

"I heard you were painting again." She interrupts me. "The children at the daycare have been begging to see you paint again."

I huff, seeing the point she was getting at. My mom runs a daycare center, and before I moved to the city I used to offer art lessons for the little kids.

"So you want me to have another art class?" I sigh.

"That's a great idea Sunny!" Her voice perks up. "Next week come back home and host one! Bring your new boyfriend, too!"

"I can't just leave work for a week- Hello? Hello? Mom!" I talk into the phone as I realize she hung up on me.

"Great. Now I have to convince Jungkook to come to my hometown with me. And for a week at that!"

What have I gotten myself into?

A/N

Thank you guys so much for reading chapter 14! Don't forget to leave a vote and a comment!!

-Hannah