19: I love you

Jungkook groggily stumbles his way over to me as I send Taehyung a final glare.

I smile when he reaches me, wrapping my arm around his back to help him stand. He leans into me, and I direct my attention to Jin, who finishes paying the taxi driver.

"I'm taking him inside." I inform him as Jungkook and I begin the walk to the porch.

He must sense something is wrong with the atmosphere around Taehyung and I, but he never says anything and only watches me walk inside.

"You're so... beautiful." I hear Jungkook say from beside me. "I want to kiss you... but- but my breath probably stinks..."

"It does." I try to stop my smile as we walk past the living room. Luckily, my mom has already went to bed, so she doesn't hear Jungkook's ramblings.

I take him to my room, letting him sit down on my bed.

"You've normally slept on the couch this week," I start, untying his shoe laces for him. "But stay in here tonight. I'm sure the couch wasn't too pleasant."

I pull his shoes off, sitting them by the edge of the bed. Standing, I take a look at the boy before me.

My hand instinctively reaches for his hair, and I brush it down gently. He leans into my hand, smiling to himself.

"What were you and that Taehyung guy doing?" He seems sober enough to ask, and my mind flashes back to the scene that just happened.

"We, uh, we talked..." I mumble, stopping my hand from brushing his hair. "He said something pretty crazy... and I'm still thinking over it."

"Did he say he loved you?" He slurs one more, his cheeks as red as ever.

"I... I don't know." I answer truthfully, replaying the scene in my mind.

There probably was love mixed in there somewhere, even if Taehyung expressed it in a way that was controlling and corrupt. Maybe he really thought he was doing me a favor by guilt tripping me into quitting art. Maybe he didn't know any better-

"Well if he didn't say it," Jungkook suddenly stands, wavering around for a second before his eyes lock onto me. "Then I will."

His hands cup both sides of my face, and his coffee colored eyes look down at me with the clearest sincerity that I've seen.

"I love you." He breathes, and my heart skips a beat.

His voice is coarse and liquor tinted, but anyone can tell it's the genuine truth. His thumb slowly runs my cheek, and I suddenly feel my eyes begin to sting.

One year falls, and then another as I lean into Jungkook, hugging him tight. He does the same, and his embrace gives me so much warmth and support.

"Me too." I mumble into his chest. "I love you, too."

It may have been the stress of the night, or the feeling of someone's love that made me break down, I don't know. But I ended up sleeping in Jungkooks arms, not wanting to leave the warm comfort.

We pack our bags into the taxi, my mom and Seokjin seeing us off.

"Where's Taehyung?" My mom asks, and I have to stop myself from freezing up at the mention of his name.

"What if I told you that I'm the reason you stopped painting?"

His voice replays in my mind over and over, and I do my best to ignore it for the time being.

"He's not here." Jin pipes up from beside my mom. "Probably because I broke his nose."

Everyone's attention gets turned to Jin, and I look down to see his knuckles cracked and scratched up.

"What?!" My mom hits him on the arm. "Why would you do that?! Don't you know that's Sunny's friend?!"

Hin doesn't reply as he walks up to me, pulling me into a hug.

"He told me what he did." He whispers into my ear. "He's lucky I didnt break his whole face. I've got your back, you crazy girl."

I hug him back, breathing a sigh of relief. Seokjin has always been so reliable to me, and even if he gets on my nerves, he still cares for me deeply.

"Have fun back at your job." He pulls away and takes a step back as his attention gets shifted to Jungkook. "And you. Did you already forget what you told me last night? Keep that promise."

I watch as Jungkook's eyes light up, and he swiftly nods.

After a few more goodbyes, both of us sit in the back of the taxi, headed home.

"Alright, tell me what's going on." He breaks the silence, looking over at me. "What happened between you and Taehyung? And why was it so bad that your brother fought him?"

Although it doesn't seem like the right setting for it, I explain everything that happened. If the taxi driver is listening in on our conversation, I'm sure he's getting tired of hearing me talk.

"What?!" Jungkook shouts. "Turn the car around! Right now!"

"No!" I cover his mouth, politely turning to the driver. "Please keep driving, sir! He's just a little upset!"

The driver nods at me, and I uncover Jungkook's mouth.

"Its already been taken care of, and I'm putting it in the past," I start, taking his hand in my own. "Please don't worry about it anymore, because I'm not."

He gives me a stern look, but agrees anyways. I smile, leaning my head over and resting it on his shoulder for the remainder of the ride.

A/N

Thank you for reading chapter 19 guys! Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Hannah