21: A Birthday

The day of the party is finally here, and both me and Hoseok are crammed in the back of a taxi as we head towards the Jeon mansion.

He's wearing a black suit, to my surprise and he looks the best I've seen him in all of the years I've known him.

"You think there's any hot girls at this party?" He asks and I send him a look.

"Ah, so that's why you dressed up." I answer. "How am I supposed to know?"

"What about you?" He points at me. "You dressed up, too!"

I look down at my light pink sundress. There's white flowers on it in a pattern, and I put a white cardigan on top of it.

"Its a party at a mansion! Of course I had to dress up!" I comment, patting my dress down. "Plus it's my boyfriend's party!"

He doesn't reply, he only pulls out the envelope and his wallet from his pocket.

"We're here." He says, and I can feel my heart pick up its pace. He pays the driver, and I take my gift bag as we head up to the familiar house.

I think back to the first time I came here, lying about dating Jungkook.

There's a wide arrange of different t expensive cars parked outside, and even a bodyguard who stands at the door of the house.

Both me and Hoseok make our way to the door, when we get stopped.

"Invitations." The dark haired guard snaps as he holds out his hand.

"Right." I reply, digging in my cardigan pocket for the envelope. Hoseok hands the guard his, but I don't feel mine anywhere on me.

The guard's sharp eyes watch me closely, making me even more nervous by the second.

"Hoseok, I don't have my invitation." I stressfully whisper to the boy. "I must've forgotten it back at the apartment!"

"What?!" He widens his eyes at me. "You stupid- why am I not surprised? You've always been clumsy!"

"What do I do? There's not enough time to go back and get it!"

The guard clears his throat, obviously not too happy about the situation before us.

"I- uh, I forgot my invitation." I nervously laugh as I inform him and he rolls his eyes. "But I had one! Trust me! I was invited!"

"No invitation. No entry." He simply says.

"Oh come on," I whine. "I'm Jungkook's girlfriend, trust me! I was personally invited by his mom!"

"I'm sure." The guard doesn't have an expression as he obviously doesn't believe me. "No invitation. No entry."

"Guard Min Yoongi? What's the problem?" As if an angel was sent from heaven itself, Jungkook's sister stands at the doorway.

She looks as beautiful as ever, and I see Hoseok straighten up from beside me.

"This girl claims to be Mr. Jungkook's girlfriend, and she's causing a scene." The guard named Yoongi tells her. "I was about to escort her off the property, Miss."

She looks over at me and sighs.

"Let her in." She rolls her eyes. "That's his girlfriend, all right."

"But Miss Jiyoung," The guard finally seems to lose his composure. "She doesn't have an invitation-"

"I don't care." She snaps, her dark hair waving around. "My mom will kill me if I don't let her inside."

She looks over at me with dark eyes. "Come on in, girl. And bring your friend, too."

I smile to Hoseok and stick my tongue out at the guard as we pass by. He glares at me, and I notice his gums showing as he makes a face.