Chapter Seven: Revolution Calling

"-WHERE HE IS!" Mike said with a flourish

"Um, what?" Kat said, stepping out from the bathroom.

"We gotta turn this house upside down," Hopper said as he brushed past her roughly.

"Will's connected to the monster, and if we make this house unrecognizable he can spy for us!" Lucas said excitedly.

"Oh..." Kat said, slightly confused.

"We gotta change up the walls, tape the tarp up, lemme get some people here to move the furniture, let's go!" Steve called, walking to the living room.

"Oh- okay," Kat said, and hustled to an armchair to pick it up.

They carried furniture outdoors, covering it in plastic tarps. Wallpaper was covered, trash was poured on the grass outside. Old fans, furniture, and cabinets were raided from the nearby dumpster as the Byers house was gradually morphed into a chicken shed.

Then, it was waiting time. Kat and Dustin were both pacing nervously around the kitchen, Nancy leaned her body against a wall, face twisted with uncertainty as she watched Steve practice swinging his baseball bat in the air. Max and Lucas sat facing each other against the tunnel drawings as they all waited with bated breath for the results of Will's interrogation.

The door banged against the wall as Hopper stormed in.

"What happened?" Dustin demanded.

" I think he's talking, just not with words," Hopper said agitatedly, scribbling on a piece of lined paper as they all crowded around the table. He drew a series of dashes and dots, reminiscent of the books she used to borrow from the library as a kid.

"What is that?" Steve said, bewildered.

"Morse code," the boys responded in unison.

"H-E-R-E," Hopper gritted out in concentration.

"Here," Kat tasted the word upon her tongue. Will really was spying for them. It was strange, but in a twisted sort of way, kind of cool.

"Will's still in there. He's talking to us," Hopper said, placing the pen down and looking up at them all for assent. Jonathan and his mother then proceeded to go back to the shed, talking to Will so they could get more information. Using the walkie-talkie system the Party used, they got through letter by letter, until Nancy scribbled out the words upon the back of a notepad; CLOSE GATE.

What gate? Kat thought, before a phone ringing startled them all, the sharp tone slicing through their stilled, tense ambience as heads raised.

"Shit, shit," Dustin mumbled, as he ran towards the phone and picked up to make it stop ringing, before slamming it back onto the holster. They took a breath of relief, Steve lowering his bat from where he previously had it in strike mode. Then, the damn thing rang again, nearly scaring the shit out of Kat, before Nancy picked up the phone from its place on the wall and threw it to the ground with a grunt of effort and frustration.