Chapter thirteen

Naruko barely kept her mouth from falling open as the Western palace was revealed.

The castle was a towering structure of cream and silver that sprawled over a couple of acres. The grounds itself were spotless and obviously well kept. Here and there smaller structures were spotted, adding to the massive building.

A sideway glance at Sesshomaru had her brow twitching in annoyance; the bastard was smirking at her.

"I take it, you approve?" He questioned slightly amused.

" Well its so big, makes me wonder if its because you're trying to compensate for something." She retorted with a grin.

Supressing a twitch, he leaned forward so that his lips barely grazed her ear.

"You'll find out soon enough that compensation isnt necessary. " he murmered huskily and unexpectedly licked the shell of her ear.

Unable to supress a blush she jerked away from him with a huff while trying to calm her rapidly fading composure.

Stupid hormones!

Sesshomaru quickly resumef his cold demeanour as his steward approched and greeted him with a low bow.

He barely paid attention as his steward brought him up to date on the management of the estate. A sideways glance took in his mates childlike curiosity at her surroundings as they inspected the grounds.

He was definitely enjoying baiting her, more then he should. However it was rather refreshing to converse with someone who didnt care that you could gut them in a second.

Even more enjoyable would be finally putting his mate in her place. Tonight would indeed prove entertaining.