Choices And Departures

"—And what does this button do?" I ask, nearing my finger to a wobbly, red button that sat upon handles.

"That button fires the ship's ammunition."

I flinch my fingertips away immediately, "Oh."

I turn to Kylo and meet his wondering stare. His eyes rest upon me, not in the once harsh way he often would, but somewhat struck with endearment which makes my stomach flip, yet the effect is soft and inviting instead of nervous. Perhaps it is his lips that give away his adore, not quite smiling but tilting up as if they mean to.

Here we both stand, in his Command Shuttle a few hours before his scheduled departure. I wasn't so certain that he and I should be together so publicly in the loading bay, but the First Order was already creating a distance soon, so I would keep ours minimal in the meantime.

Kylo decided I could join him to farewell his departure and I was thankful for the fact that I could, although I would rather join him entirely to The Supremacy instead. He was due to leave in less than an hour, but I knew deep down he wanted to spend as much time together before he was gone so now he was showing me around the Command Shuttle, pointing out objects and buttons as if I would have a singular clue as to their purpose.

He bit the edge of a smile away in attempts to hide his pleasure at my lack of knowledge about something that resembled a second nature to him – These confusing buttons all spread around seemingly being his keys and he was the pianist.

"If you look to the front, you can see the aiming device on the screen." He points his gloved hand in front of the main pilots seat. "And that little switch there – Activates the ships defences."

The panel of buttons and steering gear was a jumble of dots and levers, and even when Kylo points to each toggle, I lose them in the mess of others. In the darkness of the command shuttle, it was only the under-lit keys that glowed. They cast only a slight hue that seemed to just die inches from the machine, only hitting the surface of our faces lightly.

"Right..." I nod, dragging out my word and wringing my hands together as if I understood, and he could tell straight away that I was still as lost as I was the moment he lead me into here. Looking to the right of his head, I notice deep slashes melted into the metal panelling. I point to the indents and raise an eyebrow,

"What are they from?" I ask, my tone laced with sarcasm for I figured I already knew the answer. Like the scar torn into the flesh across his cheek, the wounds in the wall had come from a burning weapon only given to those who can wield it.

"Ah..." He didn't need to glance to the slashes in the metal to know what I was talking about and if I didn't know any better, I would presume that hint of red that formed below his jawline, to be a flush of timidness. "That was... Me."

I roll my eyes, "You should really be more careful then." I joke and he only shrugs.

"Doesn't change the way it flies, so what's the problem with a little... Redecoration?" He retorts and I burst into laughter.

Kylo paused, head tilted toward the buttons above, that I only now noticed were there. The many tiny lights, streamed down upon his wintry, pale skin, existing like the stars upon a beautiful galaxy. He smiles.

His sly smile, is the prettiest thing I think I've ever seen, for right now, it extends to his warm, brown eyes and deep into his somewhat, dark soul. When his gloved hands reach for my clasped mess of ones, the gentle touch resembles his soft skin, torn by so many instances.

"Maybe when I come back... I could give you a proper tour?" He breathes and suddenly my lungs are empty, "You know, we could fly it somewhere else. Leave Finalizer for a bit."