The Plan

"Do you think The First Order are looking for us?"

"I have no idea."

"They better be." Four vented, "I can't bare to be here any longer with these traitors."

Pushing him through the halls, my focus was scattered and so filled with nervous anticipation that my blood feels cold beneath my burning skin. 

It took a substantial amount of fuel within me to hold a deep conversation or even sit still, while my disquiet mind, danced in infinite directions and soared incredible heights to find every possible outcome regarding what my destiny may become.

My heart twists with guilt when Four says those words. I hear the disgust in his voice as it rises only so The Resistance members around us can hear him clearly as I push his wheelchair from one end of the hallway and back, like I had for the past fifteen minutes.

My hands are shaking on the handles and soon it becomes slippery with a glaze of nervous sweat. Four had been in a state of complete in-denial for the past week and a half, only choosing to manipulate his loss into hope that his spine will heal itself and he will walk soon.

He utterly hated The Resistance. He wanted to go back to The First Order and watch this ship be blasted into a million, tiny pieces.

I wondered how he would feel if he knew that I wanted to go back to The First Order too – But not to stay, but rather, leave it weakened. 

Those traitors he spoke about, walked with laid back shoulders and kind eyes, perpetually and constantly looking up. Some meet my frame with a slight glare to mine which were filled with a sense of loss and insecurity, with a vague stress of painful anticipations.

They weren't traitors to anybody but the Universe as were The First Order. I see this now. There is no right or wrong to a war... Only a never-ending battle between loss and thievery of life.

"If you continue calling them names on their own base, I'm sure they'll do the honours and boot you into space themselves." I roll my eyes and joke.

Four huffs and slouches in his chair, "If I had my lightsaber, they wouldn't have a chance to even get close enough to do so – Besides, I'd wheel myself off first anyway."

I purse my lips together tightly to fight a smile at the thought of Four brawling Resistance fighters from the seat of his wheelchair. "You're still going on about your saber?"

He snaps his head to me behind him with an offended look on his face – Those, once life-filled blues, only becoming paler from his current position. "Yes, I am –" He throws his arms up and slaps them back down on his impossibly numb thighs, "And I'm never going to stop complaining until they give it back to me."

"The doctor said they didn't find the lightsaber on your body." I nudge my head to the side and bite my bottom lip in a smile.

He rolls his eyes and turns his head back to the narrow hallway, "They're lying. I would never let go of that thing."

"You were shot, Four." I deadpan.

"I said never, didn't I?" He chuckles.

Even in his most vulnerable, Four was still so bright in his starry radiation. What should have crippled his soul as much as his legs had become numb, still didn't affect his humour nor his hopeful look on life. I can see know why Three loved him so dearly, and I wondered if bringing her to him would bandage the wound of me tearing all possibility of him returning to The First Order.

"Uh, oh." He suddenly expelled underneath his breath to me. "Your pale friend is coming over to us."

Looking up to where his eyes meet, Arion is walking as straight as a pole over to us, with a young man by her side. Her blonde hair trickled down her shoulders and became almost as white as her complexion, beneath the yellow-hued lights above.