Chapter 3

The night wasn't bad, I don't think Klaus ever slept. After a while I went back to sleep, if you can call 10 minutes increments sleeping, and every time he was awake. I know vampire do sleep, wolfs do too, but I swear he never did.
2 days later
When I woke up in the morning he was gone again, it felt like déjà vu. I took this opportunity to get cleaned up and change outfits, skinny jeans are not that comfortable to do a road trip or sleep in. I grabbed my bag pulling out leggings and my Mystic high hoodie. As I was putting my hair up into a braid the phone rang, not my phone, the hotel rooms phone. I answered a bit confused, "Hello?"
"Oh my god, Alex?" It was Caroline.
"Yeah?"
"Where are you? Mom is freaking out!"
"I know Care, make her calmer please."
"I can't, vervain, come back."
"I can't!"
"Why not? If you don't come back moms gonna send out a search party! Not the police kind either!"
"Care, there's no need for that just... just.... figure out a way to calm her down."
"Alex, where are you?"
"I don't know Care, really I don't."
"Bonnie said she maybe could find you."
"Tell her not to. I'm fine, it's all right."
"You do realize you've been kidnapped, by the worst original, right?"
"Care, I wasn't kidnapped, I felt on my own. I agreed to leave for the safety of everyone in Mystic Falls."
"You're 17 that's kinda kidnapping. Bon is almost down with the tracking spell, you'll be home in time to get homecoming dresses."
"Caroline, stop the spell I'm not coming back okay? I can't!"
"Why not?"
"Caroline, he threatened mom, okay? I'm not risking it. And he's not that bad, at least not to me."
"Alex, what do you mean?"
"He's not acting the way that you guys described him, he's um,"
"Alex, he's not good, he killed Jenna, and Tyler's mom. He almost killed Elena, multiple times."
"I know. I know, it's just... I don't know..I, Care just don't send anyone okay."
"To late, Alaric, Damon, and Stefan are on their way."
"Tell then to go back, okay. I got to go bye Care."
I hung up the phone, shit, shit, shit. She just called me to distract me, so they could do the spell with out me moving. Or so I wouldn't go that far.
I didn't want to leave anymore, I know he's supposed to be mean and bad, but when he talked to me. He was different it was like he was a different person. He was nice to me, not like the trying to trick someone nice. I knew as soon as he got back we were going to leave, so I got what stuff that wasn't in my bags and put it them. I pulled on my shoes waiting, nervous, i don't know why I was nervous. He wasn't going to kill any of them, but they would try to kill him.
I know they can't, it would be suicide for them, because they come from his vampire blood line. Kill Klaus, Damon, Stefan, Caroline, and others we don't even know all just die. It doesn't make much since to me but I don't want any of them dead so it doesn't matter.
While I was in my own head I didn't even hear the door open, I didn't even realize I wasn't alone till I heard his voice, "Hello, earth to Alex?"
I turned my head still not really focused, "hmm?"
"What are you thinking about?"
I snapped back into reality, "Oh, um, so Damon, Stefan, and Alaric, are coming here, now. I told them not to come but, they are."
"Well love, that means it's time for us to leave. We should be in New Orleans, with in the night. We should have left 2 days ago, but I decided it would be okay to stay for a bit. Anyways,I'll pull the car out front."
I nodded, hoping that by the time they got here were would be long gone. New Orleans hopefully, even though I was nervous to go there too. At one point after Caroline first became a vampire and Elena was being threatened, Stefan left to New Orleans to stop the originals. Caroline's boyfriend at the time, a werewolf, wanted to go with him to help, but apparently there's a rule were werewolfs aren't aloud in New Orleans. Not sure why or if there aloud to be in the rest of Louisiana, so for a werewolf it's a bit nerve racking to think about going there.
I grabbed my bags and started to the ground of the hotel, as I was walking towards the door I saw a car that I was to familiar with. A black Chevy Camaro Convertible, Damon. I turned running down a hall heading to the back of the building. I was met with Chevrolet Tahoe, Alaric. I walked back down the hall standing in the middle of the hallway, think why can they just leave me alone, yeah there my friend and me and Damon were more than friends but, I left. I decided to leave, whether it be for what ever reasons.
I slide down the wall sitting on the floor, not knowing what to do. My phone rang, Damon, I didn't answer I turned my ringer off. Then a call from Stefan, then Alaric, then Damon again. I answered the call went Damon called again, "Hello."
"Alex, I'm here were are you?"
"You're were?"
"I'm at the hotel, the one Bonnie's spell sent us to. Where are you?"
I had to think quick because the truth is I don't want to go back to Mystic Falls. I felt like I wanted to stay with Klaus, I don't know why I just do.
"Damon, I'm not at a hotel."
"What? Then were are you? Alex please!"
"I'm in a car, on my way to Florida."
"Florida?"
"Yeah, it's supposed to be pretty there, lots of sun, the beach,-"
"I know what Florida is Alex, I just don't believe you?"
"Well that's where I am."
"Really,Alex you're lying to me now. When I'm trying to help bring you home."
"D, I'm not lying."
"Then why do I see you on the security camera, sitting in the middle of a hall, against the wall? Hmm, don't move i'm coming."
"Damon, no."
He hung up I stood up and started walking down the halls in a zigzag kind of pattern, trying to change it up on him. After walking down about three hall I decided to take the stairs, I opened the door to the stairs to find Damon waiting on me.
"I told you to stay were you were!"
"And I told you no."
He grabbed me picking me up, as I hit his back telling him, "Put me down. Put. Me. Down." As he walked me to his car,
"No, I'm not letting go of you till we're back at Mystic Falls."
"I'm not going back Damon."
"Alex,"
"No Damon, I'm not going back. I'm staying with Klaus." He scoffed, "I'm serious Damon, I'm not going back."
"Yeah, Caroline was right he's compelled the shit out of you."
"I'm not compelled, I have vervain. I just... I'm stay with him."
"Well that's not your decision to make, your not 18. So I'm taking you back to my house till we work this out."
"I'll be 18 in 2 days, then it will be my decision to make. Do you really believe if you take me back he won't follow us?"
"I'm counting on him following, so I can kill him."
"Damon you can't, you can't kill him."
I started crying, for both Klaus and what would happen if they did kill him."
Damon put me down still holding me tight in his arms, "We think we can kill him with out kill ourselves."
"You can't do it Damon, you can't!"
"We can do it, and you don't have to worry about us dying. We are 90% sure we have a way to do it."
I shook my head, "Damon, you can't kill him.  Do you hear me? I can't let you kill him!"
"You're not worried about us, you're worried about him."
"Damon,I don't want you to die either, or Care or anyone, please just let me go."
"Alex, I love you. I haven't loved anyone in years, I haven't let anyone in, in years but I did you and I'm not losing you over some stupid werewolf thing."
"Damon, I...I love you too but, I...I"
We were interrupted by that wonderful British voice, "But she loves me more. It's not her fault really it's the werewolf thing, and the fact that I am not out every day trying to save everyone. I'm also not prone to sleeping around with everything that walks."
Damon still has me gripped in his arms, I stopped fighting, he looked at me tears in my eyes, "Alex, please."
I gave a half smile, "Damon, I do love you but, not the same. Please just go home, calm my mom and sister, and don't do anything stupid. Please, just let me go."
He let me out of his arms and grabbed my face, pulling me into a kiss before pressing his teeth into my neck. I felt my body grow weak as he drank my blood. He pulled his teeth from my neck, he wasn't trying to drain me, he knew this would kill me. Vampire bit is lethal to a werewolf and the other way around. Damon looked at me saying something and sitting me on the ground and running off.
Klaus ran over pulling me into lap, "It's alright love, it's going to be alright."
I looked up at him, "I'm going to die right?"
He shook his head, "No, no. You're not going to die," he bit his wrist causing it to bleed he put it to my mouth, "Drink it will help."
"I don't th-"
"Just do it, please."
He put his wrist in my mouth I sucked the blood from within his wrist, not believe it would work. Vampire blood can heal a lot but not this. As I was drinking I started to feel better like I was getting feeling back in my body. He pulled his wrist away, it healing its self automatically.
I looked up at him relived but confused, "How?"
He wiped some blood from my face with his thumb, "My blood can heal all wounds even those meant to kill."
I smiled gratefully, "Thank you." I sat up and kissed him on his cheek before standing up, and walking to his car collapsing in to the seat. How could someone who said they love me try to kill me. Damon thought his bit would be lethal, and yet he still did it. Klaus on the other hand clams to love me as well or something and he saved me instead of trying to kill me, and he's still supposed to be the bad guy.