Chapter 26

As we pulled into the grill his phone rang, he looked at me saying, "Go on I'll be there in a minute, love."
I grabbed Roman from the floor as I said, "Okay, it shouldn't take long."
I walked into the grill holding Roman and the guy behind the bar, he when to Mystic High my freshman year, though I couldn't remember his name, said, "Alex, no dogs aloud, and don't pull the my moms out he sheriff crap."
I sighed, "I'm not gonna be here ten minutes, please." I gave a big smile hoping he would let me bring him on in and he said, "Fine but, if my boss comes in I didn't see it."
I smiled, "Deal!"
I walked over to a table in the back where everyone, including Damon, was sitting. I smiled as I walked over, "Hey guys!"
Bonnie smiled and said, "Well someone's in a good mood."
I laughed, "Just a bit."
Damon looked at the door seeing that I came alone, "So where's Mr. Perfect."
I rolled my eyes, "So what are you guys gonna do without me?" I laughed.
Caroline said, "Our world with be crushed." Laughing I said, "Oh I know."
Stefan said, "So are you excited to be going to New Orleans?"
I smiled, "Yes I am."
Damon said, "Really? You're excited to go there, and have no one."
I gave a bitchy smile, "I won't have no one Damon I have Klaus and Klaus happens to come with a big family. So I won't be alone. Plus I happen to have found a wolf cub."
He laughed, "You think there gonna like you, they hate Caroline and you two are twins inside and out."
I walked closer to him sitting Roman down, "So now you're saying what about me and Caroline."
"I'm saying that you are just a little bit nicer version of Caroline."
My face started to twitch, as my eyes started to glow there blue color that occurred when I turn, "You might want to watch you mouth. I get that you're mad that I dumped you and that this morning instead of wanting to what run away with you but, keep you're mouth shut before I shut it for you."
As I said this Elena said, "Alex calm down."
I ignored her, as Damon said, " You didn't break up with me. You were forced to leave, you were kidnapped."
I scoffed, "Kidnapped by the guy that I imprinted on, the guy that I am choosing to spent my life with. You're just pissed it's not you, I should have know that something think this would happen. I mean hell Katherine had you torn up for years,"
His face turned all vampy, "Don't bring her into this Alex, it's not about her."
I huffed, "No it's about the fact that you can't handle breakups. You know what I'm done." I turned to the others, "Bye guys see you if I ever come back, really thinking about not coming back. Ever."
As I started out the door with Roman and was swept away, I could tell it was Damon and he took me to the alleyway beside the grill.
"What, do you want now Damon? Because I really should be going."
He grabbed my face and as he spoke his eyes did the thing they do when he tries to compel someone, "You're not going to leave."
I pushed him away, "I wear vervain, you can't compel me. You made sure if that what 2 years ago."
"Yeah I made sure you had it because I love you, I have since I meet you."
"To bad I don't love you anymore. Damon I'm sorry, I truly am sorry that I hurt you but, I'm happy. I found my soulmate as cheesy as it sounds but, I did and you should get over it."
"I can't get over the fact that I love you and we would still be together if not for Klaus."
"Well Klaus is in the picture."
"Maybe it would be better if he wasn't."
"What does that mean?"
He starts to walk away, "Damon, what the hell does that mean?"
He keep walking and anger took over and I put Roman down before tackling him, "What does that mean? You know you can't kill him!"
He was on the ground and I was on top of him holding him down, he smiled, "Well we haven't been like this in a while. I've missed it haven't you?"
I let out a low growl and said, "I haven't missed it and you lay a hand in him and you're dead. It also won't be by his hand it'll be by mine." I stood up  leaving him on the ground, "I should have killed you when I had the chance."
I made my way back to the car to see Klaus hanging up the phone. He smiled as he saw me which made me smile too, I sighed, knowing now that I truly wasn't scared of New Orleans anymore.
Klaus' POV
I answered the phone as Alex walked into the grill to say goodbye, she had said goodbye to her mother last night. I answered the phone:
K: Hello Elijah
E: Brother, when are you planning on heading home? Hope is wondering where her father is.
K: Well you can tell her that I'll be there soon. I should be leaving as soon as Alex says goodbye to her friends.
E: So you are bring her with you?
K: Of course, why would I leave her here?
E: It's just different to see you with someone, you're willing to wait for and willing to bring to you're home.
K: Well Elijah, Alex is different. She... she just is different.
E: Sounds like you really like her Niklaus. I'm glad that you are happy.
K: I am brother, and here comes Alex I'll talk to you when I get there.
E: Are we still keeping her a secret?
K: For now, bye Elijah
E: Goodbye Niklaus
As Alex walked to the car I could see the anger in her face, I smiled at her hoping she would smile back which she did and she got in car holding her wolf cub.
As she sat down she huffed a bit before saying, "Let's go, in ready to be done with this place for a while."
As I pulled out of the parking lot I asked, "What happened love?"
She just shook her head before looking out the window. I knew better than to keep pressing on the matter.
I just hope her mood changes soon or it's going to be a long trip.

A/n y'all should go ready my other work called The Portal to Them. It's an Klaus and Elijah story. Thank you guys 💜💜