Chapter 22

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the woods, hearing cries of an animal. A wolf well a cub, I looked about 10 feet in front of me and saw a wolf cub with blood on it. I walked closer to it it whines as it looked at me. Picking it up I checked it's body to see where it was bleeding. I couldn't find a single wound on the cub but it did have a broken leg.
I carried it out of the woods making my way to the Salvatore's as it was closer to me so I could clean the cub up.
As I walked the cub seemed to like grow to like me. As It cuddled into my arms looking at me sad like.
I carried the cub into the back door of the Salvatore's, the door that lead to the kitchen. When I walked in Damon was standing at the fridge, "Alex, what are you doing here? Why do you have a dog?"
I gave a shy smile, "I kinda sleep walked into the woods and found,"I liked to check it's gender, "Him hurt in the wood. He's also a wolf. I came here cause it's closer and I need to clean him up."
I walked to the sink and ran some water as he said, "Since when do you sleep walk?"
I shrugged, "I used to do it when I was little, stoped when I turned 12."
I started washing the blood off of the cub, she whimpered, "It's okay Roman, it's okay."
Damon looked at me confused, "Roman?"
I rolled my eyes, " He needs a name so, Roman it is. It also comes from a name from Greek myth about wolves so."
He laughed as I finished whipping the blood of him and began drying him off. Caroline walked in and saw me holding Roman, "Aw cute puppy, where did you get it?"
I smiled, "This is Roman , my wolf cub. I found him in the woods and now he's mine."
She was taken back, " You can't have a wolf cub, it has a mom. It'll need its mom, it's probably looking for it."
I shook my head no, "He was by himself covered in blood and, he has a broken leg. I don't think her mom is looking for him."
Caroline said, "You think his mom is..."
My eyes widened, " Don't say it Care."
"But she"
"Caroline!"
"Okay! Okay."
I held the cub in one arm as I petted him with the other. "Well I'm gonna take Roman home, see you guy later."
***
When I got home my mom was standing in the kitchen making a cup of coffee. I startled her by saying, "I'll take one too."
She turned around, "You scared me, and Alex I told you no dogs in the house."
I smiled, "Well it's a good thing Roman is a wolf cub then."
Her face went pale, "Alex, why do you have a wolf cub?"
"I found him in the woods by himself and he has a broken leg so, now he's mine. Don't worry I'll clean up after him."
"You can't have a wolf, it belongs in the wild."
I Pouted, "He likes me and I found him, please can I keep him."
She sighed, "Fine but he's your responsibility and if he's pees on my carpet he's out."
I smiled, "Deal."
When I got to my room I sat he on the bed and watched as he rolled around on/in the comforter. As he was doing this he pushed my phone of the bed, which scared him as it made a thump. I petted his head, "It's okay, it was just my phone."
I picked up my phone as he started to growl at my stuffed animals trying to get them to play with him. I looked at my phone and realized I had multiple missed calls from Klaus.
I dialed his number and he answered immediately,
K- Alex, I've been calling you all day.
A- Sorry I kinda sleep walked into the woods.
K-I'm guessing you're home now
A-Yes, sorry if I worried you.
Before he could say anything Selen gave a small bark, which he heard.
K-Alex what was that?
A-Umm, that's Roman .
K-Roman?
A-My wolf cub.
He sighed,
K-Since when do you have a wolf cub?
A-Since I found him in the woods.
K-I'm on my way to your house go ahead and pack you bags.
A-huh?
K-So we can get a start on going to New Orleans love.
A-What if I don't want to go?
K- You're going.
A-What if I don't? Why can we just stay here?
K-Alex, we're going to New Orleans and that's final.
I huffed as he hung up the phone, I could tell my words had upset him but, I didn't know if I wanted to go anymore. I like Mystic Falls, I was raised here,my family is here, my pack.
I knew nobody or anything there, here I knew everybody and everything. As I was deep in my thoughts I laid on my back, still thing about this.
My thoughts changed to the pain I felt in my throat and what had caused it? Who had caused it? My thought also went to when did Klaus come back? Why can't I remember it? Why am I sleep walking again? Just all kinds of questions that I don't have an answer to.
As I was thinking Roman jumped on me and started to lick my face causing me to laugh, "Roman, stop. It tickles!"
I grabbed him pulling him away from my face and started to pet him, he licked my hand as I did so. I sat there and looked at my closet with a suitcase siting right in front, not packed but in an easy to get a hold of place. I looked down at Roman and said, "What do you think? Should we leave for New Orleans, or stay here? On the one hand I did agree to go today, but he left me for two months. No call or anything, what should I do Roman?"
He wined at me, " Yeah thanks but, I can't understand that." I petted his head as I said this. As I was playing with him I heard a car door open then close, it was definitely Klaus. I had to make a decision on if I wanted to go or not, if I had it my way we both would just stay here. I sighed as I heard my frontdoor open, still not have made a decision.