Chapter 13

Two months later
"Caroline I really don't feel like Prom."
"Well to bad, now let's go get you a dress."
"Care I think I'm just gonna stay home."
"Alex our senior prom is tomorrow and you haven't got a dress, and I know Klaus loves a good party, bring him and have some fun."
I sighed, "If but, I pick the dress."
"Deal."
***
I was at the dress shop trying on dresses, all of which I hated. My phone started to ring, I went to grab it but Caroline beat me to it, answering "Alex's phone."
"She's busy at the moment." "She can't come to the phone."
I sighed grabbing the phone out of her hand, "Hello?"
"There you are love, you're sister doesn't seem to want me to talk to you."
"Yeah, sorry but, she was right you called at a bad time."
"Why's that?"
I sighed, "Dress shopping for Prom, want to be my date?"
"I would love too."
"Good because I really didn't want to go by myself. I have to go Care is giving the death look for talking and not shopping. See you later?"
"Yes, I'll stop by later, love."
I hung up the looking at Caroline, "I hate this dress, let's try something less fluffy."
"Fine!"
***
After hours at the dress shop, I finally found one, a from fitting purple dress. Caroline loved it and I have to say it's not bad for a dress. Though I still wasn't excited for prom, didn't have much fun last year. Full moon kind of ruined it for me, lucky for me the full moon had already came this month.
I walked in and sat on the couch as Caroline said, "So how are you doing you hair tomorrow? I was think I'm going to do mine down and that you could do yours up so we wouldn't match."
"Okay it really does matter to me, I don't even really want to go."
"Well too bad that you are. Crap I'm late!"
"For what?"
She gave me the you know face, "I'm the head of the prom committee and I'm late for decorating. Want to come help?"
"Um, I don't think so Care, I think I'll stay here."
"Fine suit yourself, I'll be back later."
"Bye."
I turned on the tv, coving up on the couch and started to doze of but I was awoken by knocking, "Who is it?"
"Klaus love!"
"Come on in!"
He walked in, "So this is what you do with your day?"
I smiled, "After running around with Caroline all day I like to relax just a bit." I moved my legs making room for him to sit beside me. He sat down, "So did you find a dress?"
I sighed, "After what felt like forever,yes. I really am dreading tomorrow, at least you'll be stuck there too."
"If you don't want to go why go?"
I laughed a bit, "If I don't go I'll never hear the end of it."
"You know we could always leave tonight and she won't be able too."
I laughed, "That won't stop Caroline, you know that. Well just go for a bit and leave, simple."
"Alright, it was just an idea."
I smiled, "I know, thanks."
***
We spent the rest of the day watching movies and just having fun, with out anything happening to actually ruin it.
Well till my mom got home and saw me asleep laying on Klaus' side. I woke up to her, "Alex, Alex wake up and go to bed."
I picked my head up, "Hi mom."
"See your boyfriend out then go to bed."
"Okay." I stood up, grabbing his hand pulling him up too. I walked him to the door, "I'll see you tomorrow."
"Text me the time to be here love." He kissed me then left. I stood watching him leave through the window, as my mom said, "I really don't like him."
I laughed, "Well I do."
"Just don't do anything stupid."
"I won't mom promise. I'm gonna go to bed, night."
"Night sweetheart."
I knew my my mom didn't like him, understood completely, to her he's the guy that kidnapped her kid. I wonder how big she'll freak we she finds out he has a kid, she's flip out. Especially since she thinks he's like normal vampires who can procreate.
***
I woke up to Caroline bursting into my room, "Alexandra Forbes, you we're supposed to be up two hours ago."
I rolled over, "Ugh what time is it?"
"12:00pm. Now get up!" She said pulling me out of the bed.
"I'm getting up, I'm moving."
"Ew those are you're nails, okay go paint them or buy press on ones for today."
"Okay, okay. I'll fix my nails after I get some breakfast."
"Not a lot, you don't want to bloat today."
"Okay, I won't."
I changed my outfit then grabbed a pop tart on my way to my car to get some fake nails. As I was driving my phone rang, Damon.
"Hello Damon."
"Hey Alex I was just wondering who was accompanying you to prom today seeing as how Klaus left town this morning."
"He didn't leave Damon."
"Are you sure about that?"
"Positive, so if you want to go to prom talk to someone else. I have to go."
I thought about it Damon was just trying to make me mad why would Klaus leave without me, I'm the reason he stayed. He wouldn't leave with out me, right? I texted him:
Me
Hey btw prom starts at 8
Klaus
Then I will be at your house at 7:45.
Me
Okay see you then.
Okay I was right he didn't leave, I can't say that I wasn't wondering. He was talking about us leaving last night but, he said us, no just him. I knew better than that, he wouldn't leave without me. Damon was just trying to get under my skin, I guess for a bit he succeeded.
***
It took me forever to get ready, just another reason why I don't like dances. I was trying to zip up my dress when there was a knock at the door. I knew it was Klaus, still not having finished zipping my dress I walked to the door opening it. "You look gorgeous love."
I smiled, "Thanks, want to help me really fast." I said turning around as as he zipped it the rest of the way. When I turned to face him, he looked a bit shocked, though I don't know why. "You look handsome."
"Thank you love, are you ready to go now?"
I nodded walking out the door shockingly not dreading it to much anymore.