Chapter 8

I walked over to Klaus car to see not Klaus but his brother, Elijah. Who by the way was wearing a full suit. I was confused as I approached the car he rolled down the window. "Alex I suppose." I nodded, "And you're Elijah, where's Klaus."
"Get in little wolf."
"Little wolf, I know that I'm not as old as you guys but, come on I turned 18 today." I said as I got in the car. Yeah most people wouldn't get there boyfriend car with there brother who they had never meet but, I saw the memories Elijah is a gentleman, I knew it would be okay.
He smiled, "Well you are still very young, little wolf. Klaus asked me to pick you up and drop you off at your house, as he is dealing with some family things at the moment."
I nodded, "Are you always so formal?"
I could tell he was shocked, "Yes, I like to look my best."
"Alright just wondering, most people I know don't like being that formal."
Elijah didn't seem like much of a talker as he never said anything else the entire ride to my house, which he knew where it was.
I got out my phone and shot Klaus a message.
Me
Hey so I know that you're dealing with family stuff at the moment but, I wanted to let you I am free for dinner tonight. Also does you brother have something against talking and driving, I feel like he's an older, more formal Stefan.
We pulled up to my house I turned to Elijah, "Thanks for the ride."
"No problem,little wolf."
I walked into my house and not a second later Klaus messaged me back.
Klaus
Lol he basically is and I'll pick you up at 8. See you then,love.
Me
Sounds good, can't wait.
I walked into my room to see Caroline sitting on my window seal look out the window. "Whatcha doing Care?"
She looked at me, "What is Elijah doing here?"
I shrugged, "I have no idea, have you meet everyone?"
"Yeah, I've meet the Mikaelson's."
"So were just waiting for me in my room?"
"Oh thought that maybe we could go and see if we could find anything about your birth parents."
"Well as long as we come back in time for me to get ready for my date."
"When's your date?"
"It's at 8."
"Okay so we can do that. Now who's car are we taking?"
***
Care and I went to the hospital hoping we could find something out there, maybe fine a birth certificate that said M.L as the fathers initials. We went and searched medical recorded from around the time Liz found and took me home, nothing. There were no kids born at that time with a father who's name was M.L.
We looked for hours and nothing, then I looked at the time, 6:55. "Care, we have to go."
She looked a bit disappointed, "Are you sure? We haven't found anything out."
"It's fine we can go look tomorrow, it'll be fine."
"Okay, if that's fine with you."
I nodded as we walked back out to the car. I was a bit disappointed that we found nothing but, I started to think my birth parents may have not lived here. Maybe they lived else where and he just dropped me of here so I would be far enough away. I have no idea maybe some saw something that day. They had to have police reports of that, right?
I was still deep in my own thoughts as we pulled into the house, I hardly noticed the car had stopped. I still hadn't fully snapped out of it as I walked into my house, walking right past both Salvatore brothers.
I didn't even notice them till Stefan said, "Happy birthday!"
I turned around, "Um thanks." I choose to ignore the fact Damon was even there walking on into my room shutting the door.  As I started to pick an outfit from my closet my door opened, Damon. I turned my neck facing him for a second before going back to picking out an outfit."Get out, Damon."
He sat on my bed, "No, we need to talk."
"Damon, get out. I have to get ready so please just get out."
"Alex, please just listen to me."
I sighed, "You have one minute."
He took a deep breath, "Alex, I'm sorry I thought that maybe, it would be better for you, for everyone, if you didn't have to deal with him. I still love you, even though you almost killed me. Here, happy birthday." He sat a box down on my bed.
I shook my head, "Keep it, I don't want it. You maybe still love me and have forgave me but, I haven't forgave you and I don't love you. Not anymore."
"Alex, I'm sorry, please at least let's be drinking buddies."
I scoffed, "Sorry Damon, I don't usually become drinking buddies with my ex's. Plus I'm pretty sure my boyfriend wouldn't like that to much."
"Since when do you do what your boyfriend wants?"
"Since I found one that usually don't disagree with my decisions. Now get out I have to get ready."
He walked out of my room leaving the box on my bed. I went a head and got ready only to get a text from Klaus.
Klaus
Hey love, I'm sorry to do this but, I we can't go out to dinner tonight, I've still dealing with my family's drama. Can we do it a different night?
Me
Yeah that's fine. Do you want to go with me to my birthday party tomorrow?
Klaus
Yes, love. I'll meet you at your house.
Me
Okay, sounds good.
Well there goes my date, I wiped my makeup off and put my pjs on. As I sat down I saw the box, right, he didn't take it with him. Me being me I opened it, it was full of pictures of me, but most of which from when I was little. Most of them were pictures that had been cut out of of other photos. They photos ended at the time I would have turned 16-17.  I was confused looking through the photos, why would Damon have these, where did he get them. Photo after photo I recognized until, I got to the bottom. Two pictures I had never saw in my life. Where has they come from?