Chapter 1~ Eggs and Accidents

Setting: Season 6, beginning of the season

POV: Mumbo

I rolled my eyes at the little gremlin looking up at me. He just smiled at me. Grian was new to the server, and he had chosen to place his base right next to mine. I wasn't too fond of the new hermit, he had already started pranking me. He only seems to prank me whenever I need to get work done. He's honestly so annoying, and I personally wish that we were living on opposite sides of the world. Iskall has been trying to convince me that I was just jealous at all of the attention that he was getting, but it definitely wasn't that. I just didn't like how he doesn't seem to care, he just pranks people and runs away like it was nothing. I rummaged through a few chests, looking for my elytra. I swear I put it in this chest, but I can't find it. I felt something crack against my head, and I felt the spot, yanking my hand back at the feeling of something sticky. I looked up, watching as Grian pelted my base in eggs, laughing as I ran away, looking for cover.

I ran around my island, trying to dodge Grian's egg bombs. I could feel eggs slamming against my back before I ended up running to the bunker. I was about to start climbing down the ladder, but Grian got one more hit on me. The egg that cracked against my skull startled me, causing me to let go of the ladder and fall down, the world spinning around me as I fell. I didn't know when I hit the ground, I just know I did. My arm went numb, my head pounding against my skull.

"Oh my gosh, mumbo!"

Grian's voice made my ears ring, and I just wanted to fall asleep right on the stone hard ground. I heard fireworks, and someone climbing down the ladder. Grian's Voice was even more faint than before, making me wonder if I was even conscious. Half my body felt numb, the other half was in incredible pain, but somehow I didn't mind.

"Grian, What did you do?!?"

"I-I didn't mean for this to happen! I'm sorry!"

"You're only sorry!?! Mumbo could have died!"

Xisuma and Iskall's voices made my head feel fuzzy, like I couldn't process the fact that there were more voices, more people. I tried to move my right arm, but it wouldn't obey, the numbness making my arm tired. I felt queasy, everything seeming to be strange, everything seeming to be new. I could feel the ground below me fading, arms wrapped around my body.

"Please Iskall, just let me help-"

"You've helped enough! Just...Just call Joe, tell him to bring a first aid kit."

I heard footsteps fading away, the sound of someone climbing a ladder too. I has placed back against the ground, my back against the wall.

"Did you have to be so rude to a Grian? He was just trying to mess around, it wasn't his fault."

"I don't care, X. Mumbo's my friend, and I want him to be okay."

More silence.

More footsteps.

More voices.

I just tuned everything out, my mind feeling blurry and scrambled. It's strange, its like I'm in pain, but everything feels numb. I can feel my right arm being moved around, something being wrapped around it. I let my body relax, as my mind starts to wonder, starts making me remember things, making me forget things. I don't know when, but I ended up falling asleep, voices echoing in my mind.

~~~~~~~

POV: Grian

I sat in my shipwreck, trying to ignore the constant buzzing on my phone. When people found out I was responsible for the accident with Mumbo, they wanted to know things. What I did, why I did it, what happened, stuff like that. I was getting threats actually, mainly from Iskall. Not the best first impression, but it's better than none..Right?

I was getting a call from someone by the name of Doc. I hadn't met him yet, so I was just hoping that he was nice. I picked up my phone, bringing it to my ear as I shifted around on top of my bed.

"Hello?"

"Listen here Grian. I know you're new here, but if you ever hurt another server member ever again, we're going to have some problems. So if I were you, I would stick to myself. I won't hesitate to kill you if you ever hurt any of my friends ever agai-"

I hung up, tears slowly rolling down my face. I just wanted to be back with Taurtis, back at Evo. I sat up in my bed, wiping the tears from my cheeks. This was going to be a long season.

Word count: 804 words