Marcus!?

Chase's POV:

"Stop pacing, your gonna wear a hole into the floor!" I looked at mister Davenport, I was about ready to kill someone, I growled at him, "Then maybe somebody should FUCKING TELL ME SOMETHING!!" I started shaking violently, when I entered this morning, everyone was talking about me, and then stopped when they saw me walk in, "Chase, you need to.." "NO JASPER! I DONT NEED TO STOP SHIT! YOU ALL THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE FUCKING MARCUS IS HERE YOU NEED TO BABY ME!! THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!" before anyone could try to calm me, I ran and jumped off the porch, phasing in the air, I kept running and running and running, not even caring where I was going. I stopped realizing I was in the woods by the beach. I phased back, going over to a spot where we hid extra clothes. I put on an open hoodie, putting the hood up, and some basketball shorts. I remembered something my dad had told me about the beach when I was younger, "Water holds memory kiddo, when it's to late for me, and I'm long gone, you can use the ocean to communicate with me. The ocean represents the other side, and the sand, this life. The beach is a connection between the two realms." I smiled at the memory and sat down on a log, looking out to the beach.

  "Hey dad. I feel a little silly sitting here, talking to water, but I remember what you said to me when I was six. The beach is a connection, and I guess I really needed to talk to you. I feel like I'm putting my family in danger. Ever since I've gotten here I've done nothing but hurt and worry people. Just like when I was with the Davenports. No matter where I go, I cause pain and misery. Even my imprint, Paul. Sometimes I wish I didn't have an imprint. Maybe then Paul wouldn't be dragged down by me. He deserves so much better, someone who could help bring him up, who isn't as broken. Someone who isn't constantly putting him in danger. I don't know what to do anymore Dad. I'm scared. I don't know how to be a leader when I can barley take care of myself. I don't know why people follow me. I'm just a screw up, that's all I do. Pfft, I can't even take myself seriously! Everyone expects me to be this brave, care-free, courageous leader, when I'm nothing like that. Oh look it's Chase Clearwater! He doesn't have a care in the world! To everyone else, I'm this careless, tough guy that doesn't give a fuck. But I'm really just the scared little six year old I was when I got a piece of metal shoved into my neck. I'm terrified that someone is going to get hurt, and it's gonna be all my fault. I'm scared Paul is gonna see who I really am and leave. I'm scared that everyone is going to find out how broken I really am, and kick me to the side. I'm scared of everything. I miss you so much Dad. Sometimes I think, that they took the wrong Clearwater. They were like, 'Hey where's that Chase kid? Oh well, we'll just take Harry.' You really have no idea how much I wish I was the one to die instead of you, Leah would be happier, her and Seth wouldn't have phased, I wouldn't be a burden anymore, Mom would still have you, and everyone would be safe. I'm sorry, for being me." I buried my head in my arms, starting to cry, when I heard a twig snap from the woods...

Paul's POV:

"-You really have no idea how much I wish I was the one to die instead of you, Leah would be happier, her and Seth wouldn't have phased, I wouldn't be a burden anymore, Mom would still have you, and everyone would be safe. I'm sorry, for being me." Does he really think all of that? We all followed Chase, trying to calm him down, well not all of us, it was really me, Adam, Jasper, Bree, Embry, Leo, Seth, Leah, and Quil. I was shocked, I couldn't move, until I saw him put his head into his lap, starting to cry. Sensing distress, I took an involuntary step for word, cussing myself out in my head after I heard a single *Crack* I saw Chase tense up, I moved my head down and the up, seeing Chase gone. "You all heard all of that, didn't you?" I jumped turning around, he had super sped behind us, we all nodded our heads. I just starred at my imprint, taking in his appearance. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy, he had tear stains on his cheeks, his lip was busted from biting on it to hard, and his hair was messy as if he had been grabbing it. I looked at his broken green eyes, and I couldn't take it, I pushed threw everyone and grabbed Chase into a bear hug. He started sobbing into my shoulder, gripping me like his life depended on it, me holding him just as hard. "You are not a burden. I love you to much to have you think that. Without you, our pack, our family, would fall apart. You, are amazing and beautiful, and sweet and kind. You light up everyone's lives, don't you dare think otherwise!" I held him tighter and felt a tear fall from my own eye, I pulled back, making him look me in the eyes, "Promise me, promise me you'll try to see that? To see that I couldn't live without you. Please?" He looked me in the eyes, a single tear falling, and whispered, "I promise." And I could see the truth in his eyes. I hugged him again, and let him go, letting his siblings swarm him, then his adopted siblings, and then his best friends. "Your a lot more important then you think Cas." Jasper was hugging him so tight if he were human, he would have broken every bone in his body, "Jas...Can't...Breath!" Jasper let go, giving him a shy smile. I walked over, giving Chase a gentle kiss on the lips, I pulled away after feeling the fever behind his lips, putting my forehead against his, "Later." I whispered so low that only he could hear, he shuddered at the tone of my voice and nodded...

***************************1 Week Later*******************************************************

Chase's POV:

I was laying on the couch, my head in Paul's lap, he was playing with my hair while watching some movie about sharks, while I was playing on my phone. The pack was sitting around us, Embry had Bree in his lap, braiding her hair, Leah and Leo where trying to get to know each other more, Adam and Jared where having an arm wrestling competition with Kim watching, while Quil was scheduling his next time sitting Claire. Paul had started to lightly tickle me, I started giggling then my phone started ringing, "Paul, haha haha!! S-stop! My p-phone's ring-ringing!" He stopped, smirking at me as I raised the phone to my ear, pressing the receive button, "Hello?" "Hi Chasey..." my eyes went wide, I knew that voice, "Chase, Chase what's wrong?" Paul got serious, I said one word, answering his question, and the person on the other side of the phone...

"Marcus!?"

Mwhahahahahahaha! Cliffhanger!! Word count, 1239