The "Deal"

Third Person's POV:

Chase walked into the kitchen, turning on the water while grabbing the soap. He scrubbed at the blood on his hand, his thoughts being restless. What did Marcus mean? He thought, terrified that he new what it meant. His thoughts were interrupted by Leo running in frantic, with a feeling of dread in his stomach, Chase new exactly what was wrong...

Chase's POV:

"It's Paul. He just disappeared." Leo said panting, making my fear become a reality, suddenly Marcus's words popped back into my head, I want to make a deal with you, just don't get mad. He took Paul. He took my boyfriend. He took my imprint. He took my soulmate. It was on. My phone started ringing, and I knew exactly who it was. "Marcus." I groveled into the phone, going into the living room, were the Davenports, Leo, the pack, and all the Cullens stood. "Where the hell is he!?" I demanded, trying to stop myself from shaking. "Easy there Cowboy. I've got him safe and sound, don't worry I won't touch a hair on your mutt's little head. Say hi Pauly." I heard the phone shift, "Chase don't listen to him don't listen to a word he says! Please!?" The phone shifted and I heard Marcus's sick laugh. "Now Chasey, if you want him to stay how he is, unscathed, I suggest listening to me very closely, and doing exactly as I say. I'll be at the dinner in Forks at 6:30. Come there alone and listen to what I have to say. You will tell no one about what we talked about. If I figure out that you listened and followed these rules to a T, then you will have your precious mutt back in one piece tomorrow at noon, but if I find out otherwise, then I'm not so sure. What do you say Chase, will I see you there. Tik tok, tik tok, the mouse ran up the clock, the clock struck one, the mouse was done, and had a timely death. Bye bye Chasey." Then the line went dead. Edward broke the silence, clearly reading my thoughts, "No. You can't. Are you insane?" I looked at him pleadingly. "Edds, you heard him. If I don't he'll hurt Paul, I can't have that." Suddenly I felt my wrist on fire. I looked down to see words being etched in my wrist. This is your only warning. I don't know how the sick fuck new that would appear, but just as soon as it did it disappeared, leaving nothing but a single drop of blood in its wake.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% One Hour Later%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

We had all decided that I would go alone, with Edward on speed dial, since he was the fastest. I headed out towards the dinner, a feeling of dread in my stomach. I would never admit it, but I still loved the boy. I was INLOVE with Paul, but still had feelings for Marcus. I was a complete wreck when I saw him get crushed by a piece of ceiling way back when, I know he was trying to kill me and my family but I could see the rumorse and pain in his eyes when he hurt me. And deep down, a part of me hopes I can change him, that the Marcus that I fell in-love with was still in there. I walked into the dinner, terrified of what was to come...

Marcus's POV:

I sat there, waiting for the one person that I loved with all of my heart. I didn't want to do this to him, I didn't want to be the bad guy, but if I didn't, then she would hurt him. I sat there until I heard the bell to the door, signaling someone had arrived, chime. I looked up, beautiful green hazel eyes meeting my own. I sighed and put on my acting face, ready to just get this over with. I waved him over, he walked over and sat down, not once did his eyes leave mine. I tried to put as much guilt, pain, and remorse into my eyes as I could, trying to show him I was doing this against my will. "Where is he?" He groweled out it a deadly whisper, he looked into my eyes again and I saw his eyes soften. "Easy tiger, listen to what I have to say first. We want you to work for us. To be our double agent if you will. If you do this we won't harm a little hair on your mutt's head. If you defy us, or try anything, we will hurt him." I gave him a fake smirk. I hated this, hurting him, innocent people. I didn't want any part of it, but if I didn't she would kill Chase, and I wouldn't be able to live with that. "Wait, what do you mean we? I thought it was just you?" Chase asked, clearly confused by the we part of my sentence. "Well if you agree, and follow our rules until noon tomorrow, you'll get to meet the boss man, or women." I scoffed and Chase just looked at me confused. "It's not Giselle, is it?" I looked at him and scoffed, "No, someone much worse." He looked at me clearly confused. "So, do we have a deal?" I asked, raising my brow in my signature look, holding my hand out for him to shake. He nodded, hesitant at first, then took my hand, shaking it in his. When we let go I stood, "Until we meet again Chasey." I winked at him and walked away. A voice in the back of my mind screamed, tell him the truth idiot! but I knew it would just lead to him getting hurt.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%At The Base%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I went back to the warehouse we were staying at, sneaking into where we had Paul locked up. "Hey." I whispered to him, he looked up and his eyes widened in fear. I don't know why, I haven't even seen him since he got here, unless she had one of those androids pose as me. She knew I wouldn't hurt a fly if I didn't have to. I looked at him closer and saw a small cut over his eyebrow, scars in his wrist, that seemed to be writing, and what looked to be a broken jaw, I couldn't tell with the gag over his mouth. I slowly took the gag off of him, not meeting his eyes, "What, needed a round two? Think its funny to hurt people tied up you sick fuck?" He said to me, growling the last words, then he looked me in the eyes, "Wait, your not the same guy. The other one had blue eyes." A-ha! His eyes stayed. "Listen, my name is Marcus. I'm gonna try my hardest to get you out of here. I'm so sorry, and I know you probably don't believe me, but I'm only doing this because someone I love will get hurt if I don't. I'm gonna try my best to make sure no one else touch's you while your here ok?" He nodded his head but still looked weary, "Then why don't you just untie me? How do I know your not lying?" I started moving around his restraints, so he could move his arms. "I can't untie you cause that will be to suspicious, and you won't know, you'll just have to trust me. Here, I know how much you wolves eat, and if your gonna mysteriously escape using the random key on the top of your left shackle, then you'll need your strength." I brought out a whole tray of food while gesturing to his left arm, over by where his shackle was hanging from the wall. "Wait until midnight to escape, you'll know because you'll here the bell toll, take two lefts then a right and it will guide you out. As soon as you get outside run, then follow my sent all the way back to forks, trust me." I whispered to him, I got closer and he took a whiff, taking in my sent, "Good luck." I whispered, he nodded and mouthed a thank you to me. I smiled and walked out. Going into the main room, I heard her yelling my name.

I walked into the room and sat in one of the chairs, "Damnit Marcus! What have I told you about picking up you laundry?" for a second I thought she had discovered that I had helped Paul. "Yes I'm sorry, jeez." I rolled my eyes at her and she started scowling. "Just go to your room!" She screamed in my face. I got angry and replied, growling the last word...

"Ok, mother."

Authors Note(Word Count: 1518): Wow, that's quite the cliffhanger huh? So I bet you guys weren't expecting that, a soft Marcus, and an evil mom? Well you'll start to find out about Marcus a little more. Well my version of him anyway. Thank you guys for reading, I love you guys all so much, so stay angelic and go slay a demon, byeeeeee!!!