XXIII: Servus Commercia-new

"You worthless coward," Zeus slammed an already blooded fist into Prometheus' hunched and bleeding body. A sanguineous pool formed beneath him. Iron chains coiled around his muscular arms tethered to a boulder several miles from the S.S. Olympus. Despite the pain and strength that ebbed from his body with every second, he did not respond.

"Do you know what that vase was worth?" heaving Zeus glowered at the prostrate man teeth clenched almost as hard as his fists.

"If I had known what you would release with it, I would not have agreed to bring it to Athens."

"I had a buyer, a very wealthy one, and you Gave it to your brother," Zeus slammed an angry fist into the boulder above the man's head.

"Need I remind you that you asked Apollo and me to transport it?" He seethed, spitting blood on the dirt next to him, "you even came with us because you had caught sight of Leda, and wanted a go at her."

"Your people deserved what came of them, for your treachery," Prometheus bent forward as Zeus slammed a fist into his ribs. "You stole it from us as soon as I was distracted. How exactly do you think I am going to recoup that financial loss?"

"You hired a thief, what do you expect," Prometheus' devilish look incited Zeus to strike him again.

"I could be of some assistance," Gastonus moved from between the trees. The sun caught the pearlescent glisten of his teeth and greased sheen of his ebony black hair. "You happen to have something I want and will pay for."

Zeus kicked Prometheus one last time before leaving him to the predatory birds that circled overhead, "you are a man of means?"

Gastonus smiled, reaching a muscled arm around Zeus in a camaraderie," and women."

Zeus smiled, "go on."

"You see, I have plenty of aurei, but the real money is in the sex trade." Zeus faltered, "rumor has it that you are a man of a wandering eye, and you need someone a little less talkative than your last lover, Semele was it?"

"How I love barbaric races," Zeus turned to him with a smile, "so you have silent ones?"

"My girls know to hold their tongues, or they will lose them."

"So, what of mine did you want?"

"I want Cornelia,"

"Cornelia?" Zeus took a step back baffled, "why Cornelia she has the opposite of a still tongue."

"I plan on putting that tongue to good use," Gastonus said with a lechers smile. "I find myself remarkably unchallenged by the slave girls I amuse myself with, and Cornelia, well, she provides the challenge I crave." he paused licking his lips.

"You are," Zeus sought out the word, "unpleasant. Besides, the girl has proven to be a valuable commodity."

"Indeed," Gastonus paused tossing a coin purse from one hand to the other, "but you have so many things, what is one little brunette?"

"The crew likes her," Zeus added pushing past Gastonus.

"They like her like they would a new puppy," Gastonus sneered, "foul things with all their slobber and their fur." He shivered, "its a wonder people enjoy it."

"Hera loves animals," Zeus pointed out, "I have never fully appreciated them, but it is why she married me." He shrugged, "It is an odd habit of hers. I could find another Roman to fulfill her role."

"What is it she does for you exactly?" Gastonus whispered in his ear, "how does she serve your needs."

Zeus smiled, "I have considered it, but I do not want someone that close to Hera's intuitive eye. She creates stories, to cover the misdeeds of my-um, let us call it cargo."

Gastonus nodded knowingly, "I have money, power, soldiers, and spies. I can offer the same service she is, but much more effectively, and I remove the distraction from your crew."

Zeus pondered the idea, "I am listening."

"I will offer you unlimited access to my best girls, Leda, Europa, Ganymede, and several others. They will be absolutely silent, and completely at your beck and call. I will offer you the same service she offers, but with a network of spies, and soldiers to help fight your more troublesome cargo. All I ask, is one tiny little annoying Roman girl in return."

"I want gold," Zeus added. She did lose me the Gorgon, so she seems to be more trouble than she is worth, but I do not want to tell him that.

"wonderful, I can do that for you as well." Gastonus threw the bag of coins at Zeus, "consider this an advance, when can I expect my goods in return."

Zeus smiled, "In a few days' time, at the most. You have a deal."

"Should I expect trouble from your crew for you giving away their puppy?" Gastonus sneered.

"No, I will deal with them. With your soldiers, I can make some sacrifices in the crew."