Chapter 9

Za'Kiyah POV

It was 2 in the morning the day I was supposed to meet with Ka'Liyah and dem. I mentally slapped myself for thinking that this plan was going to work. If this plan backfired and Sharnel, Sin's mom caught me, I'm pretty sure she would kill me. But, it was worth a try.

I got off my bed, grabbed my phone and sneaked out my room. I have observed everyone in this house and I knew that they all went to sleep before 1 and woke up at 4, so I had some time. Everyone went to sleep except for Bam and Ace, they kidnapped me and they were also on guard duty, just my luck. I snuck to the basement and found Jayvon lying on the floor bleeding. Unlike me, he wasn't falsely kidnapped, his older brother stole from them and fled the country, so they took him instead. He was only 17 and had so much of his life left to live, poor kid. I went over to him and woke him up. 

"Skipper, we gotta dip" I said

"Ight" He said getting up and wincing. I felt like crying, like how could you do that to an innocent person. 

We walked out the house from the back door and and as we were walking we heard voices which made us freeze in our spots. I turned around to find Ace and Bam looking at us, their guns pointed at our heads. I had no idea what to do at that moment as I felt tears running down my face. What happened next shocked me. They both turned around and walked away. I blinked for a few seconds but then started to run away. After running for a few minutes, we stopped.

"Where are we running too?" I asked

"I have no idea" He said. I rolled my eyes.I took my phone out of my pocket to call an uber only to realize it was dead, Jayvon didn't even have his phone so there is our luck. I looked around and saw that we in a neighborhood. I walked up to a house and knocked on the door as Jayvon stared at me. No one answered. I went to the other house, no answer. After trying most houses on the block, no answer. I wasn't going to give up, there were two houses left. I went to one and knocked on the door. To my surprise, a woman answered.

"Maam, we were wondering if you could stay here for a while" I said.

"No, sorry" She replied closing the door. I went over to the last house and took a deep breath. I knocked on the door and got no answer. I sighed.

"You can stay here, but not for long" I heard and looked to see the woman from before standing on her porch. I smiled and ran to her and hugged her. She led us in the house, she lived alone, she looked about 50 or 60. She provided us with food and even gave us a change of clothes. She took care of Skipper's wounds. We explained to her what happened but left out the part about kidnapping and to my surprise she didn't ask any questions. She told us that she would wake us up at 11 since we told her that we had to get to the mall before 1 and she lived far away so we had to leave early. I let my head hit the pillow and fell asleep. I couldn't believe that we had escaped.

..............................................

"Thanks again, Ms.Hernendez" I said to the sweet old lady. 

"It's no problem Za'Kiyah dear" She replied.

"Bye Ms.Hernendez" Jay said hugging her.

"Oh, Jayvon sweetie you're going to make me cry" She said hugging him back.

"Now, you kids be safe, I don't want Sharnel getting close to you" She said kissing my forhead and I looked at her. We never told her about Sharnel. She must have seen that I was confused.

"Oh, I knew you guys ran away because earlier she sent her minions over here looking for a young girl and a young boy" She explained and I nodded my head.