Sixteen.

I wonder whats going on in his head. Is he scared? Is he longing for the kids embrace? Or is he at some sort of peace within himself that hes accepted his death, although his death is sure not to come. I hope he doesnt hate me for what i will do when it comes down to the last two of us. I plan quickly to find something, nightlock or a sharp knife to end it quick far beyond repair so he cant stop it. I will have a minute, at most to tell Peeta i love him and about the twins and thats it. I will have to be quick and not scared.

Today was the last day before the games. I laid curled up in Peetas arms as long as possible before effie was there with a stack of letters.

"Goodmorning my greatest triumphs" she speaks tip toeing over to us and sits next to us on the bed, "Sorry to intrude but i have letters" she says handing them to us.

One is addressed, "Katniss and Peeta Mellark"

Another says "Katniss Everdeen-Mellark"

and one final one says everything i need to know, as to who its from, "Mom and Dad"

Tears brimmed my eyes as my fingers traced over mom and dad and peeta was quick to look up to effie, "why?" he asked with anger sitting in his voice. This not only takes effie back but me also as i find this a small blessing, more words from our children.

"Peeta" i glared at him and reached for his arm but he pulled away and handed me the rest of the letters, "No this isnt fair! Making us fight to the death in replace so our kids dont have to do it and then they made them sit down and write us letters after telling us goodbye two weeks ago. Its sick and cruel, even for you effie" he growls at her and exits the room.

"Oh my" effie gasps as the slam of the door follows, "effie im sorry" i say and she shakes her head.

"Dont be my girl. Hes angry and he is hurting. I wasnt sure how these letters would sit with you two but nobody makes them write them. Gale was writing to you one night and that sent your mother and the kids to write also. Normally letters dont get delivered in time but president Paylor delivered them to me personally. Make sure he knows that, will you?" she asks before holding my hand.

"Of course" i say and she smiles before her eyes flutter to my belly.

"I truly am sorry, you all deserved so much better. To live happily as a family of..." she looks around quickly before saying, "...five" she smiles and glanced from my stomach back to my eyes.

"no, twins" i think to myself as she walks over to the door. i can't bare it anymore, i have to tell someone.

"Six" i correct her before she had exited the room.

"What?" she asks closing the door again and rushing back over to the bed. she sits down softly and her eyes are brimming with tears.

"six..." i whisper, "i'm pregnant with twins" i say as she gasped and excitement filled over her face. But it fell quickly.

"Oh katniss..." she says before gripping my hands in hers, "I know how much you and Peeta always thought having twins would be fun!" she laughs to herself.

"How many kids do you want?" I asked peeta one day while we were sitting in the door way watching the rain. He looked at me in shock, he knows i dont want kids, so this conversation never approached much.

"2" he says with a smile trying to hide it. But a smile that contagious does not go missed. i nodded and went back to watching the rain when his voiced rose again, "but it would be cool to have twins" he says and i laughed at his comment.

"twins? thats insane" i say as he nodded, "it is insane but everything we do is insane. Twins. Two and over with." he says and i leaned forward and kissed him.