Seventeen.

"Ill see you soon" Peeta says and in one swift motion gives me a soft kiss.

"See you soon"

"Hey" He says before leaving our room to go be with his prep team.

"Hi" i smile back at the soft movements of his fingers moving my hair behind my ear.

"I love you and I'll get to you as soon as i possibly can" he says and kisses my lips and i told him i loved him back but as he was leaving Haymitch walked in.

"Oh goodie i caught you two just in time" he says while rolling his eyes and flicking his hair back, "I've just come to give some...last minute advice" haymitch says trying to joke and smile through this but you can see it written all over his face, that this is goodbye if not to one, but to possibly both of us.

"You and the boy try to stay alive" he smirks and we nod, "Peeta and Katniss..." he begins to say something but its too painful and i try to wave him on but he insists. "I'll do whatever I can to help the kids out when I get back. Like i stayed sober enough to help you through the games i'll do it when i get home. Effie will make sure of it. I know you two have been hearing this a lot but you guys dont need to worry anymore, we got you and the kids okay? I uh.. dont hate you guys either" he says and pulls peeta into a hug.

"Thank you Haymitch, for everything" Peeta says patting his back and then peeta leaves with his prep team leaving just us. I dont want him to find out through the cameras on TV of my pregnancy.

"Haymitch" i whispered as i hugged him tightly, "I'll never be able to thank you enough for everything. Its a debt ill never be able to repay" i sighed into his shoulder. I have debt with a long list of others that ill never be able to repay. Because either they are all dead or im about to be dead.

"Don't let that boy out of your sight, you hear me katniss?" he says and you can see the strain along his forehead and i nod.

"Now you say it" i say because we were both in the wrong.

"I cant believe you let him out of your sight that night" haymitch growls back at me.

"i wont." i say back and he nods and begins to walk away.

"haymitch!" i say to him and he turns around to losten, "i'm.. i'm pregnant" i say to him quietly, careful if lingering ears, and his eyes are wide. he doesnt say anything before ellie appears behind him.

"Katniss...we should go" she says but haymitch holds up his hand, "Does the boy know?" he asks and i shook my head biting my lip so hard it started to bleed. he sighed in frustration, which i understand.

"What were you thinking not telling peeta?!" he yelled/asked and i shrugged, "do you think for one second he will want to come back home after you have died for him but not just you, you and that baby! You are out of your mind" he shakes his head and it makes me mad.

"babies, plural, im having twins.." i say to him and he doesn't say anything but wipes the tear that falls out of his eyes and is taking 3 quick steps and embracing me into his arms. this was a goodbye for sure hug. and im sorry hug. a ill never hug you again hug.

"I will be there for him. let him know you guys loved him very much" he says and kissed the top of my head before slamming the door shot. gone. haymitch was gone never for me to see in this life again. I didnt realize just how much more i wanted to say to him, but ellies hand gripping mine pulls me out of my thoughts. "ready?" she asks giving it a small squeeze. and i follow and nod.

My outfit is similar to my first games. I am in jeans and a simple black t shirt with a weather proof material green jacket wrapping around me.

"Simple. I wouldnt expect water. Maybe some cool nights and damp weather." she says before zipping my jacket up. "I almost forgot your token" she smiles and i raise an eyebrow up at her. I didnt bring a token.

Inside the small box was a picture. A picture of the two babies, folded in 4 small pieces to fit inside the box. On top of the box was a mockingjay printed.

"You told me to give it to Peeta when he returns, if, he returns." she corrects herself and carries on, "but im not the one he will be wanting to receive it from. so when, if, and how you give it to him is up to you." she says before holding my hand as long as possible when im called into the clear tube.

i shook so hard as it closed her hand was holding onto the glass. i put my hand up to match hers and i mouthed the words thank you.

she winked and i could no longer see her as i was in the dark for a few moments until we rose up into a circle. This arena was different. It was storming right off the bat with nothing but woods and cave like structures around us. there in the middle was the cornucopia and there was my bow placed right in the middle for me and only me.

"Peeta" i whisper to myself looking around for him frantically and i spot him about 7 over to my left. i looked back and forth between him and the bow and this time, he didnt shake his head, but nodded.

within 60 seconds the gong went off and i fled towards the center. i quickly scooped up the bow and arrows and grabbed 3 sets of arrows and thing of knives for peeta. i turned and looked and noticed everyone but a few following up behind me took off into different parts of the woods.

no blood bath? this will not be allowed by the game makers. what will they do if there's no blood bath?

i reached behind me and let two arrows fly killing the older male from district 3 and the teenage girl from district 7. i knew i would feel the pain of their death later.

but for now, i feel nothing.

for now, my only hope...

"the only thing stronger than fear, is hope."

...is to get Peeta out alive.