11

NICKY

I walked through the halls with Jahseh.

We were walking to breakfast when I felt a stinging sensation hit my face and I hit the ground as Jahseh gasped.

I looked up seeing Taymor. Him and his friends laughed as Stokely came inside looking to see what was wrong.

"Yooo. Tay you gotta chill." He said and Taymor chuckled. "Nahhh, I told him he was gone learn."

He started sending blows to my face and then my nose started bleeding. He started choking me up against the locker.  I had a bump on my right eye and I was sobbing.

He looked at me and guilt washed over his face.

He let me go and I ran to the bathroom, balling up in a corner.

After a couple seconds, he came inside and put his arm around me.

"Baby I'm so sorry. It was out of anger." He said.

"Don't apologize. I deserve it." I said while sniffing.

I do deserve it. This is karma for talking about his dad. I deserve to be ina hospital bed.

I deserve everything that comes my way.

"No you don't deserve this.... I abused you. In this relationship- wait. I'm sorry for hitting you Nicky. But I can't do this." He said and got up walking to the mirror to dust his self off.

"Okay. I deserve it." I said got up going to a different mirror and got a napkin getting the blood as best as I could about to leave.

"What's wrong witchu man?" He asked me. I shrugged. "I'm telling you I deserve it." I said and walked out.

HOME

I didn't even go to school. I left after the situation and went home.

I got me a knife from out the kitchen. I didn't even lock the door behind me as I went to my room.

I started cutting. I made about 4 cuts as my eyes got droopy.

I heard my name being called but before I could answer, I was out like a light.

TAYMOR

I followed Nicky home just in case his did something wrong. I yelled his name and I heard screeching.

I heard whispering when I got to to the top of the stairs.

"I deserve this...." was the last thing I heard from her voice before she was out.

I felt like this was all my fault. I pushed him away. He was right. I chose a dead-beat over him.

I will never get him back now.

NAHMIR

I woke up ina hospital bed and I realized what happened. I saw my mom, Jahseh. Stokely, Zion, Taymor, my dad, and Taymor's mom sleeping uncomfortably.

I tried to sneak away but I felt a sharp pain. Making me scream.

Everyone's eyes shot open and I knew that they finnah start treating me like a child from this day, forward.

They rushed towards me and I rolled my eyes as I noticed Taymor.

"I'm fine." I said softly and they still were all up on me.

"Do you need anything?" Tay's mom asked me.

"Can me and him have some alone time. We need to finish something." tay said and they nodded as they left.

"We have nothing to continue. You already broke up with me in the bathroom. Remember?" I asked.

"Okay I'm sorry for that. I just realized how quick I coulda lost you." He said.

"I woulda deserved it. I deserve this Taymor! Don't you f*cking understand." I said.

"You don't deserve it." He said. "And why don't I?" I asked

"It was my fault for choosing him over you. I didn't mean to. I jus thought that maybe he would stay. But once I told him that I couldn't leave you for him... he left." He said.

I just stared at him. I didn't know what he wanted to say.

"Are you gonna saw something?" He asked.

"I don't know what you want me to say." I said.

"Do you not know how long me and my mom held each other and cried. She really thought that man loved her. He didn't even care about us. He came cause his lil girlfriend kicked him out. And you don't even care." He said, playing victim.

"Taymor stop playin victim. I told you I was sorry for the stuff I said." I said.

He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Words hurt Nicky." He said.

"And abuse doesn't? You literally smacked me, punched me, made me hurt, choked me, then afterwards, ended everything with me. I came home and cut myself. I thought I could end it all. It didn't even work. Do you think I wanna be here right now and explain why I did it. I just wanna die." I said mumbling the last part.

"You just wanna what?" He asked.

I sighed and turned the other way and closed my eyes as the tears came.

"Taymor do you know how much pain you caused me? And just because I said some words you did this. You're the cause of this." I said crying softly.