Chapter Eleven - Everyone Has A Skeleton In Their Closet, Right?

Big confusing chapter, I know. But this is a BIG plot point chapter!!! And it will make sense!!!!

Somewhere Safe is the 'Official' prequel. Almost 1500 reads on THIS book!! So happy!!

Also, the weird line thingy at the very last page is a formatting problem from Copy/paste.

Vote || Comment || Fan || Promote!!

_______________________________________________

"Get out." I yelled, pointing to Zack. He looked so much like Larson...

David looked at me and turned to him. "Zack, you'll have to go."

Zack grinned. "So hotstuff is taken, huh? Does she know ANYTHING about you?" he asked David.

David's face grew red. "Get out. Now."

I looked at David as he pointed out the door, Zack smirking with delight.

"What the hell is he talking about?" I asked David.

David looked at Zack and stamped his foot. "Zack, leave. Sapphire, it's nothing."

I shook my head. "Tell me what the hell is going on! You told the nurse you were my boyfriend, didn't you?"

David shook his head. "Sapphire, it's nothing."

"You're hiding something! It's all over your face!" I yelled, upset. "You know what; go join your buddy until you can tell me the truth."

David looked at me with mournful eyes. "Sapphire, it happened months ago. I'm not that person anymore."

"Then who the hell are you?" I asked, pointing out the door. "I've been sitting here, telling you my freaking past, trusting you and you're not even telling me the truth! Until you can, get out."

David took a deep breath and started walking out the door. "I can't tell you... because it's for your own good. I hope that someday you'll understand."

"Yeah, but David, I need a man who is honest and who is trustworthy, especially now. I know how it feels to need to protect someone, and it is such a big load that it crushes me and the way I live every day." I replied, holding tears back.

David sighed. "Goodbye Sapphire."

"Goodbye, David."

~ 3rd Person ~

"Oh my goodness... I think Sapph is dating him." Beth said, looking at Chris. Chris sighed and looked at her seriously.

"Then she's in big trouble."

Beth shook her head. "You think I don't know that Chris?"

"And if they want you both for what I think... Then she's as good as dead."

Beth looked at Chris and shook her head. "Why you?"

Chris shook his head and shrugged. "You'd think I'd know after all of this time. But I really don't know why me. I've always figured it had something to do with my family."

Beth thought about that for a second. "Is it possible that David's changed?"

Chris shook his head and looked at me. "I doubt it. But is it possible that he has or will change? Yes. But what he did to me, to everyone in that school - that was in cold blood."

"You didn't tell me about a school." Beth said, looking at him.

"I don't like talking about it Beth. It still hurts to think about, and that was the worst day of my life, being forced to do things I didn't want to, being shot at, dragging my limp sister out the door, and checking people to see whether they were still breathing or not? And you expect me to just be able to tell you about it?" He asked.