Chapter 2: Guardian Angel

POV: 3rd

Weiss was walking the halls of her families manor alone when she came across her little brother. "Hello sister. A pleasure to see you out of your room for a change" he said

"Hello Whitley, you're in a cheery mood today" Weiss pointed out

"Klein made crapes for breakfast."

Weiss sighed and leaned on her hip. "What do you want?"

Whitley held his hands behind his back. "I heard father shouting with someone in the study earlier."

"Mother?"

"No, she's already drinking in the garden. I think it was a man. I just thought I should warn you, I heard he wanted to speak with you" Whitley informed her.

"I'll be fine." Weiss held her arm and looked away.

"I know you will" Whitley said, getting his sisters attention. "You're strong, like Winter."

Weiss rose an eyebrow, now suspicious. "You never liked Winter."

"True, but you can't deny her resolve."

"You... Seem different." Weiss crossed her arms.

"And you've been gone. I'll have you know I didn't stop growing while you were away at Beacon. Anyway, good luck with father." Whitley turned and walked off.

"Thank you" Weiss said before continuing on.

POV: Whitley

I mean it Weiss, good luck. I thought to myself, thinking back on something that happened not too long after Weiss came back home.

(Flashback)

I walked into my room, wanting to drop the whole act I have to hold for father when I noticed something on my desk. I went over and saw a radio with a letter. Knowing for a fact it isn't mine I picked the letter up to read it.

Whitley

I know who you are. You may not know me, but know that I'm here for you. Use this radio if you need anything, even if it's just to talk.

-A friend

(End of flashback)

Ever since that day life had been slightly easier. I wasn't cheerful because of breakfast, it was because I felt like that someone was watching my back. The only thing I want now is to know who that person is. They said they know my sisters... Is it from Beacon or Atlas military? I couldn't help but ponder over the mystery.

POV: 3rd

The group of six were traveling along the road, Ruby was trying to read a map. "So the next town is... We're lost."

"We're not lost, the next town is Shion. I used to go there with my family all the time" Jaune informed

"Don't you have four sisters?" Pyrrha asked

Jaune chuckled and looked away. "Seven, actually."

"That explains quite a bit" Rtas pointed out.

"I know, right!" Nora agreed

"Wait, what do you twoean?" Jaune asked

Ruby decided to steer the boat away and save Jaune some embarrassment. "So! What did you guys do there?" Jaune went over to show Ruby points of interest on the map as Rtas thought to himself, the other three struck up a conversation together.

Rtas looked up from the ground and saw the town in ruin. "Ready your weapons." They looked at where he was looking, wondering why until they saw the town. They decided to listen to the elite as he drew his own weapons.