Chapter 9: Reunion

POV: 3rd

The kids headed back to the house that Qrow rented while he decided to introduce Rtas to alcohol. "Are you sure this is safe?" Rtas asked as he looked at the shot glass in his hand.

"What? It's not like it'll destroy your liver or anything" Qrow lied

Rtas shrugged and took the shot, only to cough it back out and send Qrow into an uproar of laughter. "Excuse me" a voice said, gaining both of their attentions. It was a boy, no older than fifteen.

"I don't think they allow kids in here, pipsqueak" Qrow said to the kid.

"Shut up, I'm getting there" the boy muttered to himself, causing Qrow and Rtas to look at each other in confusion before back to him. The boy tried his best not to make eye contact with them. "Um... I'm supposed to tell you... I'd like my cane back?"

Hearing this Qrow to stand up, causing the boy to take a step back. Qrow pulled a collapsible cane off his belt. "Good to see you again Oz" he said before tossing the cane over to the boy.

"Am I missing something?" Rtas asked, completely confused about the situation.

(Meanwhile)

Yang sat at a gas station with a bar in the middle of nowhere. "Aren't you a little young to be drinking?" The bartender asked as he cleaned a glass.

Yang took off her sunglasses. "A water, it's hot out" she simply replied.

"Oh... Sure." The bartender bent under the counter to get a new glass for her.

A man a few seats away laughed. "Are you telling me YOU'RE too young to drink?!" He asked the blonde brawler. Yang simply ignored him. The man stood up and walked over to her. "You look like a regular huntress, and a beauty at that."

"I'm good, thanks pal" Yang said, trying to get him to leave her alone.

"Seriously, not too bulky, not too lean. You're-"

"Just right" Yang finished as she rolled her eyes. "Like I said, I'm good."

The man reached out to touch her. "And your hair."

Before he could even touch a strand of Yangs hair a large hand came down on the mans wrist, causing both to look up. A large cloaked figure was facing toward the man. "That means to leave her alone."

The man laughed and threw a punch into the hood, only to retract his free hand in pain. "The hell are you?!"

The figure squeezed down on his captibes wrist, causing him to cry out in pain and kneel before him. "Someone who will mount your head on a spike if you don't take me to the Brawnwen tribe."

"Do you have a death wi-AUGH!!!" The thug yelped out in pain as the pain in his wrist doubled. "Okay okay I'll take you!"

"Good, now keep still" the figure let the thugs wrist go.

"What? Wh-" he didn't get to finish his sentence, Yang punched him hard enough to send the thug through the doors outside.

The bartender came back up with a water and shrugged at the sight. "This one's on the house, that guy's been driving me insane."

As the figure left the building Yang followed him out. "Wait!" The figure stopped and looked at Yang. "Can I come with? I'm looking for them too."

The mysterious person gave a nod. "Just don't slow me down." Yang gave a nod and got on her motorcycle as the person got on theirs. The thug hesitantly sat behind the cloaked person and the three took off.