Chapter 10: Accidental Brawl

POV: 3rd

The cloaked figure had Ravens life on the line, aiming an attack right in her face. "Let the Schnee go, and I'll spare your group of bandits."

The bandit who had Weiss' rapier tried to stab the person in the back, but it seemed as if it couldn't even pierce the cloack. "No way! We're not ju-"

"Vernal, let her go" Raven interrupted. She groaned as she tried to lift the boot off but to no avail. The bandit now known was Vernal was dumbfounded, but hesitantly did as she was told.

Weiss walked up to the mysterious person. "Whoever you are, thank you."

The person gave Weiss a nod before whipping out a scythe and holding the point under Vernals chin. "The sword." Vernal hesitated at first, but gave Weiss her sword back. The person then moved the point under Ravens chin. "Now, open a portal to Qrow Brawnwen."

Raven glared at him. "Make me." After a second of stillness the figure slashed to the side, leaving a cut on Ravens chin and a huge gash across Vernals chest. "No!" Raven yelled as Vernal screamed in pain.

The figure then mobed the point back under Ravens chin. "Portal, now." Raven glared at him a few seconds before opening one. The figure kicked Raven across the camp before turning to Weiss and Yang. "Let's go." Weiss and Yang looked at each other before walking through the portal after them.

Qrow nearly jumped seeing the portal come unexpectedly out of nowhere, but was all the more confused seeing them walk out of it instead of Raven. The figure turned his head to the sound of fighting and rushed over before he could say anything. The person saw Oscar and Ruby fighting in hand to hand combat. Either not knowing or not caring, rushed Oscar as soon as he landed a spin kick on Ruby. Oscar widened his eyes in shock before he was grabbed by the face and slammed into the ground, causing a small crater. Jaune grabbed his sword and let out a battle cry as he charged the person, only to not swing at all since Oscar was thrown at him. Nora grabbed her hammer and charged in with Pyrrha as she readied her weapons. Nora went to bring the hammer down ont the persons head as Pyrrha tried to swipe their legs. The person simply dodged to fhe side, forcing Pyrrha to block Noras attack ment for them. The person grabbed both girls and head butted them together to knock them out. A sound of a mechanical whir and the ignition of an energy sword caused the person to jump straight up, avoiding both attacka from Qrow and Rtas. The person kicked Qrow away and snatched Rtas' second sword as they landed. The figure ignited the blade and stood opposite of the elite. The two began to slowly circle each other before lunging at one another. "STOP!!!" Both blades came to a halt inches away from the necks of each target.

Ruby stepped between them, slightly thankful that her small size was actually paying off for once. "What's going on?!"

"You were attacked" the figure simply explained.

Ruby glared at them. "No! We were just training! Can you two stop trying to kill each other?!"

The figure decided to listen, he deactivated the sword and tossed it back to Rtas who in turn deactivated the one he still had. "My apologies, I'll be leaving now."

"Now would be a good time to show us who you are" Rtas pointed out.

The figure stepped onto the ledge and looked toward them. "There will be another time, my work here is done" they replied before jumping off.

Ruby ran over to see where he would land, only to find the cloak fluttering away in the wind without its owner who seemingly disappeared. Rtas walked over to look as well. "What did he mean?"

"Wow" Yang finally said, drawing everyones attention as she got over the fight they just witnessed. Everybody had different expressions of joy seeing Yang and Weiss. Ruby rushed over to hug her cousin and friend, pulling them into a group hug.

"Little help" Oscar groaned in pain. The three broke the hug to see that most of the people there were in rough shape from the fight. They decided to save the reunion for later and help bandage people up.

Qrow rolled his shoulder. "Damn! Whoever that guy is packs a punch."

Yang glared at Rtas the whole time people bandaged people up. Rtas finally looked over. "What is wrong? What have I done?"

Yang kept glaring at the sanghili. "I know what your kind have done. Don't think I trust you for a se-"

"That's enough Yang, he already proved himself" Qrow informed. Yang begrudgedly went back to treating Nora, though she didn't let the alien out of her peripheral vision.

Ren walked into the room. "I've gotten some tea ready, it'll help with the healing."

Oscar flinched a bit when Ruby made a bandage a bit too tight, causing Ruby to go into a fit of apologies and Yang having to help calm her down.

"Well, guess training can wait for tomorrow" Qrow said

"You think?" Jaune groaned, laying on the ground so Pyrrha could have the sofa.

"In just a small amount of time, we'll be ready for securing the relic" Ozpin said before letting Oscar take back control. "For now we should call it a night." Everyone agreed and slept for the night.