Chapter 22: New Arrivals

POV: 3rd

Six watched as the cryopod began defrosting. Eventually it revealed a set of sage green MJLNIOR armor. "Looks different from the mark V."

"That's because it's mark VI" Cortana replied as the spartan began to stirr. "The cryopod won't open. Can you do it?" Cortana asked

"Sure thing" Six replied. He reached under the lid and pulled it up, letting the other spartan climb out.

The green spartan looked at Six. "Is that... I thought you were dead."

"Chief, you of all people should know we never die" Six replied as he crossed his arms. "Bet you two are wondering where we are."

"Yeah, can you fill us in?" The spartan II asked

Six took off his helmet. "Well you crashlanded on the planet that I was born on, which is also in another dimension. Demonic creatures called grimm run wild and I got caught up in a war between an ancient hero reincarnated into a small boys body and his immortal ex-wife who's also a witch."

The two new arrivals were silent for several long seconds before Chief spoke up. "You didn't land on your head from orbit, did you?"

Six simply rolled his eyes. "Says the one who fought space zombies, befriended an elite before I did, and blew up two two super weapons made to wipe a seventh of all life from the galaxy, and since there's seven in total that would originally put the entire galaxy in danger if it weren't for you."

"How did yo-"

"Rtas Vadum" Six answered the duo.

Chief pulled Cortana from the terminal. "Alright, let's go get you help."

Six sighed as he put his helmet on. "If you still don't believe me, I'll prove it."

Cortana popped up on Six's HUD. "And just how do you plan on doing that?"

Before the spartan III could reply a howl was heard down the hall. "That's how."

"I need a weapon" Chief said. Six spawned an assult rifle and tossed it to him. "... How did yo-"

"Less talking, more shooting" Six interrupted. Chief gave a nod and the two demons began slaughtering the grimm.

One ran at the green clad spartan, only to get kicked into the wall and shot full of lead. Another tried to lung at Six, only for him to spawn an energy and cut it in half down its length. "We gotta stop by the bridge, to pick up a friend" Chief said, earning a nod from the younger spartan.

Being reunited with Rtas and team JNPR, everyone was waiting for Six. Ruby suddenly got a call on her scroll from her older brother. "Where are you?!"

"Down the block, we're almost there" Six replied.

Ruby cocked an eyebrow. "Wait, we? How do you even know where we're at?!"

"I'll tell you in a second." Just then there was a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it!" Jaune said as he went to the door. He opened it to see Six with the other. "... Who's tha-"

"I'll explain in a second, you gonna let us in?" Six asked. Jaune gave a nod and stepped to the side to let the three in.

The two spartans and elite went to the living room. "Everyone, get over here!" Six called out.

When Rtas saw Chief and the second elite his eyes widened. "Arbiter! I hadn't expected you here of all places."

"Were it so easy" the elite in question responded as he crossed his arms.

Six placed a hand on Chiefs shoulder. "Everyone, meet spartan John-117. Otherwise known as Master Chief. First hyper-lethal spartan ever and is the reason the Covenant sees us as demons."

Qrow let out an amused chuckle. "Sounds like someone's being a fanboy."

Noble Six shrugged his shoulders. "I wouldn't say that, since he taught me almost everything I know."

Everyone fell silent as the fact sank in. "He...trained you?" Weiss asked.

"He literally JUST said that" Cortana replied from Chiefs helmet, confusing almost everyone in the room until the spartan II pulled the AI out of his helmet to properly introduce her. "I'm Cortana, an AI paired with Chief and was once es-"

"Escorted to the Pillar of Autumn by my cousin. Yeah, we know" Yang interrupted. Her arms were crossed as her red eyes glared at the AI.

"Yang, calm down" Six interjected.

"Why? So we can die helping her escape?" Yang asked as she glared at him.

"Seriously Yang, drop it!" Six warned

"That stupid computer is the reason your entire team died!"

Chief drove a fist through the wall, causing everyone to jump. He then walked back out the front door to take a walk. Six looked at Yang and shook his head in disappointment before taking off after Master Chief. "Yang, you should have stopped when he told you the first time" Weiss finally said after moments of silence.

Yang glared at her. "Why? It's true, that dumb AI was made out to be 'humanitys last hope' yet she couldn't even figure out a way to save the people who fought to protect her."

Blake, who was sitting next to Yang, placed a hand on her shoulder. "Yang, what they faced was bigger then any of us had ever been through."

"Except for Ozpin" Oscar interjected.

"Even Ozpin" Yang and Blake replied at the same time, causing Oscars eyes to go wide.

Yang stayed silent for a few seconds before she took a breath to calm down. "Yeah, you're right. As much as I hate to admit."

Six caught up to Chief in just a few moments. "Chief, wait. I know she shouldn't have said any of that and I'm gonna talk to her when we get back."

Chief stopped, acknowledging Six's words. "... How many of them did you show?"

"Just her and one other" he replied.

"So she should know what it was like there."

"She's just being a rebellious teen. Trust me, I had to put up with eight of them for quite a while now. I'm sure she regrets saying what she did."

"... You said you were here for about two years, right?" Chief turned to face Six. "If they came to get you, would you return?" Six froze at the question. Chief walked past Six, making his way back to the house while leaving his former apprentice to dwell on the question.