Chapter 11: Lesson of Sacrifice

POV: 3rd

Everyone sat for breakfast and caught up with each other, it eventually lead to Nora and Yang challenging Rtas to an arm wrestle. At first Rtas refused, but eventually he gave in. It was an easy victory for the elite. Eventually Qrow and Ozpin came and explained everything to Weiss and Yang. The two didn't believe them at first, but it was confirmed by everyone else. "So... What now? I mean, what can we do?" Jaune asked

Ozpin thought about it. "Hm... That is a difficult question, one that I believe is best answered tomorrow."

"What do you mean?" Jaune asked

"The road ahead is undoubtedly filled with hardships and peril. However, it has been far too long since you've all been together. Please, take today. Enjoy this moment." As Ozpin talked he walked over and laid a comforting hand on the nearest shoulder which happened to be Yang. As soon as Oscar was given back control he flinched and braced to he hit, only for Yang and the others to give a friendly laugh.

Ruby eventually made her way outside to get some fresh air. She had some peace and quite until Yang came over and bent down to see Ruby eye to eye. "Kinda rare to see you alone" Yang said with a smile.

"Hey Yang" Ruby said, giving a smile back.

"Boop." Yang used her hais to tickle Rubys face and make her giggle.

Ruby sat up as Yang sat down next to her. "So, what brings you out here?"

"Wanted to take a nap but can't fall asleep."

Ruby chuckled. "Me neither."

"Well fortunately, coffee exists" Weiss said as she brought out three cups of hot coffee.

Yang took a cup with no problem, but Ruby refused. "No thanks."

Weiss rolled her eyes. "Don't worry I put in blasphemous amounts of cream and sugar, just for you."

Ruby happily accepted it. "Yay, nice Weiss strikes again."

Weiss retracted the mug. "I WILL pour this on you and it WILL burn." She finally gave it to Ruby who let out a nervous chuckle while accepting it.

"I just can't believe we're in Mistral" Yang admitted.

"THAT'S what you can't believe?" Ruby asked

"Well yea! And all the other magic and stuff, but... Okay, you know what I mean" Yang said

"I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever see you two again" Weiss responded with.

"Well, here's to defying expectations" Yang said and the two gave each other a toast.

Ruby looked up to the sky. "I just wish Onyx could be here with us."

Weiss and Yang looked at each other before giving Ruby a hug. "We know, we do too" Yang said

"He and his team did a lot for us" Weiss said. "They were like they family I always wanted, people who were always there for me even in times that I didn't want them too."

"Yeah..." Ruby looked down into her coffee.

"You know..." A voice suddenly said, the three turned around to see Rtas walking toward them. "Something I have once heard was that a spartan can't carry their own weight, because there isn't enough room. One already has the weight of the world on their back." The three looked toward the rising sun as Rtas stood behind them. "From what I have heard, your brother was a reclaimer."

"A what?" Ruby asked as they looked at him again.

The sanghili crossed his arms and kept looking at the rising sun. "It is something the oracles called the humans that they had seen, these humans have proved their strength in one form or another. From what I have to guess, if your brother were alive he would die again if it ment your protection." Ruby shot up and hugged the elite. Rtas was taken aback and didn't know what to do so he let it happen.

(Meanwhile)

On the Island of Menagerie, the Island of the faunus, the house of the Chieftain was being attacked by the White Fang. Blake, who turned out to be the Chieftains daughter, was on her way with Sun and tried to call ahead of time. As that was happening Blakes mother took cover with a guard to protect her. The guard popped out of cover only to be shot by the White Fang. Blakes mom grabbed the gun the guard dropped and went to do the same, only to see that the White Fang assassins were slain by a tall and dark cloaked figure. "Who are you?!" She yelled as she took aim.

The figure simply turned his back to her. "Come with me if you want to live." Seeing no other choice, the mother obliged. The two ran through the halls of the building, the person easily dispatched of any intruders they came up against. The two ran into Blakes father fighting four members alone. The figure grabbed one thug and threw them into two others. With the couple reunited the figure unsheathed their scythe toward the last of the assassins.

The assassin charged the figure only to be cleaved in half. Blakes father turned to the person. "Thank you, whoever you are." The person gave a nod and hopped out a window. About a minute passed and a blast sounded in the distance, showing a ship had taken off at speeds no lesser than mach five. The sound shattered windows and woke the entire island, drawing an audience to see what happened as Blake appeared with Sun and the ship seemed to be heading toward Mistral.