Chapter 23: Rivalries

POV: 3rd

The first thing Six saw when he returned was Chief and Qrow in an argument. "We don't need you here, your green ass is just gonna slow us down" Qrow said in the spartans face.

Chief looked down on the huntsman. "Says the alcoholic who left his son to become a spartan."

Qrow clenched his fists. "I left to protect him fro-"

"What, you got a case of bad luck or something?"

"As a matter of fact I do."

"Alright alright, break it up!" Six stepped between the two and pushed them away from each other. Qrow sat down in a chair and crossed his arms. Six crossed his arms as well. "What the hell was that about? I wasn't even gone for ten minutes."

"I think he's jealous" Nora said with a mouth full of food.

Qrow shot Nora a glare. "I am not!"

"Dad, you said that just because Chief raised him doesn't mean he's Onyx's father" Ruby commented.

Qrow pointed a finger at Ruby. "Not another word."

Six placed a hand on Qrows shoulder. "Dad, chill. Nobody's replacing you." Qrow smirked at Chief. "Neither is anybody replacing Chief." Qrow shot a glare at his son.

The Arbiter walked to Chiefs side. "In matters such as this, our kind duel to settle the debate."

Onyx looked at the alien. "Good idea Arby. Maybe these two would drop it afterwards."

Master Chief crossed his arms. "I'd break him with a single punch."

Qrow couldn't help but laugh at this. "I took hits from my son! The boy could stop a train!"

"Dad, I was holding back. Plus, spartan IIs are stronger than spartan IIIs" Six commented.

"I don't care, we're settling this outside!" Qrow ordered

"I have a bad feeling about this" Pyrrha commented as she stood next to Jaune.

Noble Six sighed. "Fine, let's go out back." Everyone went outside. Once they were Qrow and Chief stood opposite of each other. Six stood in the middle off to the side. "Begin" he said to them. Qrow immediately rushed the spartan, only to have his blade caught with one hand and receive a right hook. Qrows aura was broken and he slammed into a tree in the yard. He fell to the ground, immediately rendered unconscious.

Rubys eyes widened as she gasped. "DAD!" She ran over to check on the huntsman.

Arbier looked at Noble Six. "Are you not worried about him?"

The spartan in question simply shrugged. "He's taken worse, I'm sure he's fine."

With that done most of the group started to head inside with Six carrying Qrow in.

Chief stayed outside and began to train. Weiss was about to head inside herself when she stopped at the doorway. She turned and looked at the green super soldier. "Something you need?" Chief asked without looking at her.

Weiss took a couple nervous steps toward him. "W-Well...I was...I was hoping if..." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm tired of relying on people to win my battles for me." What Weiss said caused Chief to stop and look at her. "Every one on one fight I've been I've lost. Sure, I can support my teammates but on my own, I feel useless." Weiss looked from the ground up to Master Chief. "I was hoping that maybe you could train me so I'd be able to stand my own ground."

Chief turned to Weiss and walked over to her. He simply raised a hand and pushed on her forehead with his finger, causing Weiss to fall on the ground. "You need to analyze your opponent, expect the unexpected. Also, your high heels are ruining your stature." The spartan leaned over and offered a hand up. Weiss smiled and accepted the gesture. "First, we'll work on hand to hand combat. From what you said your useless if your enemy disarms you."

Noble Six watched from a window as his mentor and father figure began to teach who essentially was a sister to him. "Yeah, I feel bad for any guy who trys to flirt with her" he said to himself before walking back to the group in the living room.

I AM SO SORRY!!! I completely forgot about Pyrrha! With my busy ass life I couldn't remember that I kept her alive. So to make up for it, the next chapter will be all about our favorite redhead!