chapter 8: First Impressions

POV: 3rd

The group had made it to Haven where Qrow and Rtas were able to get medical attention. Right now Qrow was talking with the doctors about the bill, Ruby decided to walk over to listen in. "So you're saying that it's free?" Qrow asked

The doctor shook his head. "Not necessarily, someone already paid for you. Even for the alien, which was VERY difficult."

"But, who?" Ruby asked

The doctor looked at his notes. "Apparently some cloaked figure, went quite a length to keep their identity hidden. Paid in cash."

Qrow laid a hand on Rubys shoulder to giude her back to the group. "Thanks doc. Come on kiddo." The two headed back to the others.

"I don't get it, one moment he fights us then gives up and the next he's paying for our hospital bills" Ruby stated.

"Who'd go out of their way to help us like this?" Jaune asked

"That isn't all" Rtas said, getting everyones attention. "When I tried to get supplies for the trip, he paid for me when the merchant refused service."

"Not to mention he injected me with something that neutralized the poison while you were fighting that nucklave" Qrow pointed out.

"He what?" Nora asked

Ren thought about everything that was said. "It has to be someone who either knows us, or thinks that at least one of us is that important."

"It could be Jorge" Pyrrha said in an effort to help.

Jaune shook his head. "Can't be, Jorge isn't the kind to seemingly appear and disappear."

"Plus I got a call from him not too long ago" Qrow inputted. "He's helping Glynda and the others to clear the grimm at Beacon and rebuild it."

"Who is this Jorge?" Rtas asked

Everyone fell silent for a few seconds, Ruby decided to be the one to pipe up. "Well, he's a spartan. I can't remember if he's a II or III though." Ruby chuckled nervously and looked away as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"He's a spartan II" Pyrrha said to confirm Rubys thoughts. "Though they never explained the difference between the two."

Qrow stretched a bit. "I know, but I'll tell you all later. For now we need to go see Leo."

"It's about time!" Nora stated as they headed out the building and toward Haven Academy. "Who's idea was it to walk again?"

"Well, we did face many obstacles" Ren pointed out. "Brocken airships, destroyed settlements."

"Oh, and all those people and monsters who tried to MURDER US!" Jaune informed

"Well at least we made new friends" Pyrrha pointed out as she gave Rtas a smile.

Rtas gave a nod in return. "I would've been lost if not for you, it is your kindness I have to thank."

"Plus, you were awesome!" Ruby happily yelled. "Are all people where you're from as amazing in fighting as you?"

Rtas shook his head. "No, but the Arbiter and Master Chief were the two I considered equals in combat. They both faced impossible odds and made it out, as well as a human named Johnson."

"Alright let's save the stories, we're here" Qrow said as they came to the front gates at Haven.

The kids were awed of the sight of the city, even Rtas was impressed. "It slightly reminds me of Sanghilios."

"Wow, your planet must look nifty then" Nora said

Rtas gave a nod. "True, but our training temples always had more guards and masters around then here" he said, pointing out the fact that they seemed to be the only ones on the entire campus.