The Song of Mortality

Psycho: I suddenly got this Idea after I remembered what Finis from the Anime Lost Song had to go through. And I was listening to The Song of Mortality, the song in the Media while writing this. 

_______________

Naofumi had been born with the Power of Songs. He'd grown up singing to his parents and the village he lived in. He helped everyone in any way he could, and the Village people loved him in return. 

But when The King, King Aultcray Melromarc of the Melromarc Kingdom, found out about this strange power, he sent word after Naofumi. Naofumi traveled to the Capital, thinking the King wanted to hear him sing. 

After Naofumi had sung for the King, Aultcray, asked if he would stay in the Capital and Help the People. Naofumi agreed on the condition that he would also help people outside of the Capital. 

Naofumi helped many people from then on. He helped re-fill the canal going through the Capital. He burned down a plant monster terrorizing a village nearby. He burnt a Dragon Corpse and Healed the Village which had been affected by the decaying corpse almost causing an epidemic. 

Naofumi was always surrounded by a group of guards unless he was in his room. Sometimes the guards changed, but two people were always with him. L'Arc Berg Sickle, the second son of a Noble House, and Therese Alexandrite. 

L'Arc had decided to become a Guard at the Royal Castle, as his elder brother was the Heir. L'Arc had then been assigned as Naofumi's Bodyguard. 

L'Arc would often praise and compliment Naofumi for not only his singing but also everything else. For most of his life, Naofumi had almost only been praised for his singing only, so when L'Arc came and complimented both his cooking, crafting skills, and skills with people, he felt something he'd never felt before. L'Arc had also called Naofumi beautiful and cute, making Naofumi blush. 

Therese was Naofumi's personal attendant. She often helped Naofumi out when he's having a hard time with something, and with cooking. She would also find and get Naofumi back to camp when he wandered too far, wither lost in his mind, or finding herbs for medicine. Therese was kind to Naofumi and he considered her a friend rather than an attendant. 

L'Arc and Therese were some of the few people who could get a genuine smile and laugh out of Naofumi. Naofumi had even gifted Therese a special bracelet he made himself with a rare gem embedded in it. 

the King one day, convinced Naofumi to help out in the war against another country, without Naofumi knowing that his eldest daughter, Malty, just wanted to rage and win the war. L'Arc tried stopping it but was silenced by the new General, Motoyasu, and the Lieutenant Generals, Itsuki and Ren. 

Naofumi then joined the war, not knowing that he was being used as a tool for it, the King and first Princess wanting him to use his Songs to kill the opposing Country army. 

L'Arc and Therese stayed with Naofumi through all of it. 

In Secret, Naofumi and L'Arc developed a Romantic relationship. Therese swore she'd anything in her power to let the, be together. Naofumi told L'Arc and Therese about how singing his Songs chipped away his Life, and he only had a couple left. 

That night, when Princess Malty wanted her wine, Therese went to give it to her while Naofumi and L'Arc got ready to run away. Therese had put poison in Malty's wine, but Malty noticed. Melty made Therese drink the wine instead, effectively killing the blue-haired attendant. 

Therese's last wish was for L'Arc and Naofumi to have a Happy Life together. 

Before L'Arc came to get Naofumi, who'd wrapped himself in a thick blanket in the outskirts of the camp, Princess Malty with Motoyasu, Itsuki, and Ren in tow came and got him to follow them.