4. 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝

Date: 2 September
Time: 07:30
Location: University

Yuqi was walking down the corridor to her first class which wouldn't start before the next one hour. She felt like it was worst than yesterday. Today, the students weren't even trying to hide it; they started whispering when she passed in front of them and some even pointed her out.

"IMPORTANT NOTICE TO STUDENTS: ALL MORNING CLASSES ARE CANCELLED BUT IT IS COMPULSORY TO STAY IN THE UNIVERSITY GROUNDS UNTIL AFTERNOON"

The whispering became louder after this and Yuqi could feel her heart going heavy.

Feeling suffocated by the atmosphere, she went to the WC in a way to calm herself down. She barely opened the door when she heard:

"Did you hear about it?"

"Yes, apparently, Song Yuqi is lesbian and that's why she didn't want to stay in China."

"Thanks to Miss Popular, everyone knows about it now...."

Yuqi froze for a good five minutes before regaining her composure.

She found an empty class and went to sit in the far corner of the room before processing what the other two girls said.

Miss Popular?

Who was that powerful to have the news spread that quickly around the university? And that someone must have been told the secret by Yuqi herself, so who betrayed her trust? Then, it struck her and tears filled her eyes.

Miyeon.

Yuqi was....well....disappointed. So everything the elder told her was a lie? Did she do all that just to get to know the truth about her? Just the thought of it made the first year shed tears.

It's just your second day and you're already crying?

She hated this feeling and the price that came with it. She was stupid to have given her trust to a complete stranger.

"You expected too much, only to get hurt in the end," she muttered to herself before crossing her arms on the table and put her head on them before closing her eyes and going to her dream world.

__________________________________

Time: 09:37
Location: University

"Well, at least you made a new friend," someone said, waking up Yuqi.

Urgh, who is that?

Yuqi yawned and sat up straight, before looking up. Then, she saw who it was and it took her all her might to not start crying.

Miyeon gasped and quickly rushed to the younger's side. Yuqi was surprised about the concern on the elder's face but didn't show it.

Can she stop pretending?

"What are you doing here?" Yuqi asked, rubbing her eyes.

"I was....talking with a friend. Why are you sleeping at this time?"

She could have been a good actress.

"We know each other for two days, right?" Yuqi suddenly asked the elder.

"If you count today, yes."

"Then why are you so worried about me?"

Yuqi was angry now. Miyeon revealed her secrets to everyone and now, she was making a fool of her?

Miyeon got closer and whispered, "Why shouldn't I be?"

Yuqi stood up, not making any eye contact with the elder and reached for her bag.