17. 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Date: 17th of October
Time: 21:05
Location: Miyeon's apartment

Miyeon just left the room. Yuqi wanted to go after her but she couldn't move.

Yuqi sighed and took the TV's remote and switched the device off. She got up, stretched a little and made her way to their bedroom but she was stopped by a muscular hand. She dodged it and faced her attacker but her whole body went numb upon seeing who it was. There, in front of her, Wong Lucas, her ex boyfriend.

He grabbed her by the waist and before Yuqi could make any other move, he got her handcuffed. The only thing she could do was scream and the sound of Miyeon's footsteps came but not fast enough. By the time she arrived, five other men entered the apartment and her girlfriend were forced to silently watch the scene from the doorstep. Her ex had his hand over her mouth and were holding her very tightly so that she couldn't escape.

She watched it all from this Soobin circling Miyeon to calling her pretty. Yuqi found herself fighting to go to her girlfriend.

Less than a second later, a gun was held onto her back and the younger didn't even close her eyes when Soobin pulled the trigger.

Blood violently splashed everywhere, which included Yuqi's feet.

Miyeon fell on the floor.

"Taehyun, check her pulse," the same guy who shoot her, said.

Another one of them carelessly took the girl's hand and placed his thumb on one of her veins.

There was a plain silence which followed. Even, Yuqi stopped debating and were waiting for the response.

She can't be dead, can she?

"A few more minutes and it would be done."

Something in Yuqi's world stopped. All her energy and strength disappeared in an instant. Tears went down her cheeks as she tried to process what just happened.

She didn't care about the fact that Lucas was dragging her to his van and that the other five criminals vanished like they never existed.

Reality hit back when she felt some drops of water touching her skin. It was heavily pouring outside and there was no way she was leaving Miyeon in the condition she was upstairs.

She managed to run away from Lucas who had been chasing her down the lane. She was still handcuffed and there was no way she could reach the nearest hospital before something happened to herself or to Miyeon.

That's when it struck her. Soyeon didn't live far from there and if Lucas had already given up....

She couldn't risk not doing anything. Her girlfriend was dying.

If she wasn't already dead.

Yuqi ran through the rain, with her hands starting to bleed with the handcuffs. She saw some lights coming from behind her and took her quick look behind her shoulder. It was a van, with the same board number and inside was a man, Lucas, ready to get her at all costs.

She took shortcuts, avoided throwing up more than thrice and her wrists were profusely bleeding.

She didn't know how but she was in front of Soyeon's doorsteps, drenched, bleeding and exhausted. The van were nowhere to be seen but her time was still limited.

She kicked her friend's door opened, allowing an alarm to start ringing all throughout the house.

Soyeon came running down with a saucepan but the recipient was lowered when her eyes fell on the younger.