13. 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

Date: 1st October
Time: 14:30
Location: University's backyard

No one ever went to the University's backyard. Who would? Students either spend their time in the front school yard which were full of green grass to run and sit on or they would just stay in the buildings.

The backyard on the other hand was quite...scary. It wasn't that big and it was full of dead leaves from the two tall trees in the middle of the yard. The ground was asphalted and there was an aluminium fencing separating the school from a wasteland.

Unlike everyone else, Minnie liked this place. It was calm and no one could really guess the fact that she was here. Also, it was a great corner to bunk classes.

She came here today to escape Soyeon because she didn't want to give her an explanation just yet. She haven't read the full article yet.

She got her phone out and started reading one of the posts which have been going around since last night.

"Minnie, you would think that she must be some pretty great human being to be Miyeon's best friend. Well, that's not what I think after the information I've gathered in the last three weeks....."

She took a deep breath and continued.

"....in the last three weeks. Her real name is Nicha Yontararak, daughter of one of the most prestigious family in Thailand but that's not a problem, is it? The problem is how she was...."

Her voice trailed off.

"I can't read this," she said loudly to herself.

"Then let me do it," A voice which she knew way too well, said. The same person sat next to her and their eyes briefly met.

Cho Miyeon.

"The problem is how she was born and in what circumstances she was created. On exactly the fifteenth of January 1997, a woman was kidnapped in the outskirts of Bangkok in Thailand, a week before her wedding. After three days, she was, by God's grace, found. She still got married, wanting to forget this traumatic incident. A month and a half later, her pregnancy was announced to the world but...."

Minnie started to shed silent tears, knowing what was coming next. She had wanted to keep this a secret forever ever since she stepped out of her hometown.

"....but the child wasn't her husband's. You guessed it, Minnie is a product of kidnapping and rape. From a very young age, she started to develop anger issues and was sent to Korea to....."

Miyeon stopped reading and hugged her best friend who was crying profusely. After a while, the thai got a hold of herself and let go of the elder. She wiped her tears and said:

"I broke up with Soyeon."

The look in Miyeon's eyes changed from sorrow to confusion instantly.

"You know it will never be the same for me. They will start to attack me from now on and they can pick up on Soyeon. If she gets hurt in any way because of me, you know very well that I wouldn't be able forgive myself."

________________________________

Date: 1st October
Time: 23:21
Location: Miyeon's apartment

Yuqi and Miyeon were both sitting on the couch next to each other, watching a movie.

The elder's arm was around Yuqi but she could feel the awkwardness between the two of them. They didn't talk at work or on their way back home.

The movie ended but neither of them made an effort to move.

"Miyeon?" The younger asked, breaking the quietness of the room.

"Yes?" She turned her head to take a look at her girlfriend.

"Do you trust me?"

Miyeon didn't expect that. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Yuqi, come here," Miyeon told her taking her hands, gesturing for her to sit on her lap. The younger put her arms around her neck, a bit hesitant. Miyeon's arms were holding her very tightly.

"Why wouldn't I trust you?" she asked while Yuqi gently caressed her cheek.

"It's not like that. I just....I know there are some things you don't want to share but sometimes, it's.....necessary? How am I supposed to know if you really trust me if you don't share anything with me?"

The elder was a bit taken aback by this. She knew about the posts that went around the school all day and one of them was about her past. She didn't expect her girlfriend to ask her anything about it until it all died down.

I know about her past but she has no idea about mine.

"Let's go to bed. I'm going to tell you everything."

_________________________________

Date: 9 November (a year ago)
Time: 14:19 (CST)
Location: Yuqi's old highschool

"Do you trust me?" Her boyfriend, Lucas, asked her, holding her too tightly.

"Let go of me!" 17 year old Yuqi shouted. "I blindly gave you all my love, thinking you were doing the same. Turns out, you were being a d*ck and were f*cking other girls behind my back!"

He released her and slapped her right in the face.

"I was an amazing guy to you! You're going to get angry and forget all that just because I slept with some other girls? Really?"

Yuqi was crying, thinking that everything that was happening to her was her fault. There was a red mark from her ex's slap and it was paining.

"Wait a second, you're making as if it's my mistake when I didn't do sh*t? Like for one, you were literally cheating on me, Lucas and for two, it's over for us. I don't want to see your face ever again!"

███▓▒░░|𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓮|░░▒▓███

I'm the worst author, sorry readers. I've been a bit busy lately and I have some problems coming every now and then. I'll try to update tomorrow but I don't promise anything.

But two chapters in the weekend for sure!