21. 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Date: 10th of December
Time: 07:32
Location: ???

"Miyeon, I love you," Yuqi said, resting her head on Miyeon's chest.

The elder lifted Yuqi's head a little bit with the tip of the fingers and they made a brief eye contact before they both leaned in for a kiss.

"Yuqi?" She opened her eyes and saw Miyeon away from her, having a smile on her face and waving.

The younger ran towards her but Miyeon was getting further away. The more she ran, the more the love of her life was distancing herself.

"Yuqi........"

"JUST STOP-"

"SONG YUQI, WAKE UP!" She heard her mother shout.

Yuqi woke up with a start and looked around. She was in her room, with her parents by her side.

Bad dreams. Again.

Despite having just woken up, she was exhausted. She didn't have much sleep lately because of the nightmares she had been having and the wedding preparations were killing her.

She scratched her head and didn't acknowledge her parents' presence.

"Yuqi?"

She snapped back to reality.

"Yes?"

"You're getting married in two days."

She knew about this and she had no control over it. She wanted this to be over with and perhaps get over Miyeon? It's been such a long time and she was still holding on to her love for the elder. She searched everywhere for a clue, a sign of her being alive but it turned out to be fruitless. She knew deep down that her feelings for Miyeon was still the same even if she didn't see her in so much of time and moreover, her lover has been haunting her dreams and thoughts. There wasn't a day which passed by without Yuqi silently crying for her.

Well, everything was pointing out that Miyeon was dead but she didn't want to accept or believe it.

"Get ready. Lucas will pay you a visit in two or three hours," her father said, before getting up and leaving the room.

Can I be over with this life?

__________________________________

Date: 10th of December
Time: 10:23
Location: The Song Mansion

"We are resigning, sir," Beomgyu and Hueng Kai told Mr Song and bowed respectfully. He knew that this would happen sooner or later and wasn't surprised. Moreover, a replacement for them would be sent soon by their company.

Today was their last day of work but no one except them and him had the knowledge of it.

They heard a doorbell and his secretary went to open the main door to reveal Lucas with his soft and silky hair, wearing plain jeans and a white T-shirt.

Here's my future son-in-law.

Mr. Song liked Lucas. He was polite, was greatly into politics, had an outstanding academic record and was the perfect match for Yuqi.

He never really saw the young boy's real nature.

Lucas bowed and asked for Yuqi.

"She's in her room, son. There's no one upstairs, so you both have a quiet time."

With that, Lucas ran to the stairs.

Mr. Song turned back to his bodyguards.

"Thank you for all the work you did here. I hope the company pays you well," he gave them a smile and brought them to his office where he handed them each a cheque.

"Keep this and find me a good replacement."

____________________________________

Date: 10th of December
Time: 10:31
Location: The Song Mansion

Yuqi could hear him enter her room. His footsteps were no stranger to her and she suddenly wished they were.

She had been peeping through her window since morning to see if he was coming and she hoped he didn't. She turned around, gave him the most disgusting look she could have ever given and sat down on her bed.

"What are you doing here?" There was bitterness in her voice. She wanted him to go away.

He gave her a smile which made her want to punch him in the face. He then sat down next to her and got very close, a bit too close, to Yuqi.

She shifted on her left and he adjusted to the change as well.

"Can you back off? I need personal space."

"In two days, this won't matter; you'll be mine. I'll be able to get as close as I want and touch you and..."

She felt nauseous just by hearing him talk. Did he even realise what he was saying?

"Lucas, get out. I was nice but now, enough is enough, get the f*ck out."

He didn't budge.

"I get it. You want me on your bed but please we aren't even married and I hate you to the core. I can't even imagine it, this is making me puke."

He got reluctant but stood up and left.

If she was honest, she didn't really meant what she had been saying. There was no way she was sleeping with this bastard, let alone, live in the same room as him. This was an arranged marriage and she would have to make it clear to him.

It would have been different with Miyeon, right?

Oh, hell yeah. But the difference was that she was whipped for Miyeon and Miyeon loved her. What would they have been doing right now? Making out in a lecture room? Having early lunch? Or would they just have skipped classes and "slept" together the entire day? God knew but she would have given her consent to anything and everything with her.

It hurts, right? You loved and still love her so much.

Small droplets of water went down her cheeks as she thought about it.

"I hope you're having a good rest in heaven. I love you, Miyeon."

__________________________________

Date: 10th of December
Time: 13:13
Location: [Top secret]

"Jeon Soyeon, get your as$ over here!" Soojin whispered/shouted to her. They tiptoed to Minnie's room.

Minnie was trying on suits, one after the other and Miyeon was giving her honest opinion on each one of them.

"This one doesn't scream "I'm a politician's daughter's bodyguard" to me."

"But for the earlier one, you said that it didn't scream "I am on a secret mission to kidnap Song Yuqi" to you!"

"Continue trying on some other ones."

Her best friend groaned but did as she was told. Soyeon and Soojin watched from afar, knowing they weren't supposed to be there.

Finally, Minnie heard something she had wanted to hear since she put on the first suit.

"Perfect. That's this one I want. You are going to be my girlfriend's bodyguard in this suit and this suit only!"

███▓▒░░|𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓮|░░▒▓███

So I'm back after 10 thousand years