15. 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Date: 5th October
Time: 08:30
Location: University

Miyeon was going to have an evaluation alongside with Minnie which would start in an hour and Yuqi, Soyeon and Soojin left them to work alone.

The 98-line went to the cafeteria, leaving Yuqi to walk in the corridors alone. Lectures wouldn't start before ten and she had to find something to occupy herself.

She was presently walking in a part of the university she rarely went to and tried to see someone familiar with who she could have a good talk.

Lost in her own thoughts, she bumped into someone, dropping the person's stuff.

"Ah, sorry!" Her hands went down and grabbed two books. On a corner space, she could read the name "Yan An."

She looked up to see her childhood friend, smiling at her.

"Yuqi~ah? You didn't forget me, did you?" He asked with a goofy smile.

She hugged him very tightly and let go of him.

"It's nice to see you! How have you been?" She asked him, her eyes shining from the reflections of a window and sunlight.

"I've been doing well. I'm here for a some business and it's been some time since I saw you...."

Yanan had been her best friend since she was six years old. Even their parents were close and was hoping for them to catch some feelings when they grew up. Instead, they went their separate ways in high school but occasionally texted each other.

"I'm free in the afternoon. Wanna catch up?" He asked her.

Yuqi thought about this for a moment. If she would be busy today, Miyeon would have to manage the shop alone but she also didn't want to disappoint her friend.

"Okay, there's a coffee shop down the road. Wait for me there at 3"

She then made her way to an empty lecture room.

_________________________________

Yuqi
Hey, something came up. I can't be at the shop today.

Love
Okay but do drop there before closing time so that we can get home together.

Yuqi
K, good luck on your evaluation :)

Love
I love you ♡

________________________________

Date: 5th October
Time: 20:30
Location: Yeh's coffee shop

"Like God, how come I didn't realise that you liked girls!" Yanan told her, sipping his espresso.

Yuqi chuckled and replied.

"Maybe it wasn't that obvious. I myself didn't know before falling for butterfly."

His face hardened a little upon hearing this.

"Do you still address her as butterfly? Don't you think it's high time to start using her name again?"

Yuqi didn't like talking about her ex girlfriend and her name had been forbidden to be mentioned ever since they broke up.

The first year shook her head.

"No. Whatever happened to her was because of me and her name remind of this incident too much," she answered, finishing her cup.

Yanan shook his head and smiled anyway.

"At least you found someone new. Miyeon, you said? I hope she takes care of you the way I did and loves you as much as butterfly did."

"She does," Yuqi said, feeling a warm feeling around her body. It's true, Miyeon have been the best girlfriend that she could have imagined her to be. She always seemed to know what was up whenever something was wrong and had the special ability to cheer her up with just a kiss. Thinking of it now, there wasn't a time where she would let her be sad or depressed. 

"She's my guardian angel," she continued a bit too happy at this thought.

"Okay but be careful with this relationship. You don't want the same thing to repeat again, right?" He warned and stood up, checking his watch.

Soon enough, it was time for them to go for separate ways again.

She thought about what happened to her ex and started to get worried. She couldn't let the same thing happen twice, right? Her parents had no way of knowing about Miyeon and her. And even if they did, what would they possibly do? She wasn't their heir anymore and that's it.

She made her way to the bubbletea shop where Miyeon and her worked but the lights were out and it didn't look like there was anyone inside.

Weird. Maybe she left early? And forgot about me?

Yuqi took a step back, a bit disappointed but made her way back home. Miyeon was stressed about her evaluation in the morning and maybe she went to have some rest. She entered the apartment but found her girlfriend on the couch, watching a movie. She didn't spare a glance at the door nor acknowledge Yuqi's presence.

What's up with her?

"Hey," the younger said, sitting next to her.

"Oh hey," she replied, indifferent.

"Are you okay?"

"Could be better"

Yuqi was really taken back by this. The elder neither talked to her in this way nor did she start acting up like this.

"For God's sake, what is wrong? I want to help you but you look like you don't give a f*ck about me? Did I do something that I'm not aware of yet? Because this is seriously ridiculous!"

Miyeon sighed and got her phone out. It didn't look like she wanted to have Yuqi angry.

Maybe she thinks I did something?

The elder scrolled through google news and showed her the phone screen. 

Yuqi's eyes widened at the headline.

Daughter of the Mr. Song went to Korea to lure the heir of the Cho branch on her father's words.

"I'm going to ask you just once. Is it true?" Miyeon asked her firmly, not getting her gaze off her.

"You know it's not. I genuinely love you and I'll never do anything of that sort!" She replied in tears, not believing what was happening. After everything they've done, her girlfriend still wasn't trusting her.

"Now it's my turn, Miyeon. Do you really trust me? Or do I have to explain everything now?"

"If I didn't trust you, you wouldn't have been to be able to pass through these doors," she said, placing her phone on the table and wiped Yuqi's tears with her hands.

"If I didn't trust you, I wouldn't have just ask this once. If I didn't trust you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't-"

She was stopped by a long kiss given to her by Yuqi.

"Then why did you close the shop early and not wait for me?" She asked.

"Check your messages"

"My battery died," Yuqi said, feeling stupid.

Maybe Yanan is right. I have to be careful with her.

"Listen, I'm sorry," the elder apologised. "I thought you knew about this and when you weren't answering my messages, I got mad. For a second, I thought this article was telling the truth but I realised that whatever we did all this time was far from fake. That's why I wanted to ask you first because I love you and I trust you."

"I'm not going to accept this apology like that!" The younger retorted jokingly. "You're coming to bed with me and that's the only apology I'm accepting!"