16. 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫

Date: 6th of October
Time: 02:10
Location: Miyeon's apartment

Miyeon was scrolling through google news to the same article again.

Written by dc_yoohyeon.

The elder was not at peace since some days. She had an uneasy feeling of being followed at the university and she could hear things that disturbed her profoundly. Sometimes, she would just enter a lecture room with some of students of her year who would start whispering things.

The words she heard most of time was "Yuqi", "Heir" and "Girlfriend."

Now that she thought about it, these things were heard from specific people. Seulgi and friends, Yoohyeon and company, the Jungkook group etc. Something was definitely happening behind the scenes.

She came to the conclusion that someone was trying to either break her love relationship or to ruin her life using Yuqi. Every incident started making more sense when she realised this. Yoohyeon had a reason to ruin Minnie and Soyeon but her and Yuqi? Someone was maybe paying or blackmailing her to display all these information to the public. Siyeon also looked suspicious these days. Miyeon sometimes caught her staring at them and whenever they passed by, she would distinctly whisper "I'll ruin her" to one of her friends but it could mean nothing at all.

In all ways, something was definitely going on.

But what?

She heavily sighed and let her hand go through Yuqi's hair. Her girlfriend was sleeping peacefully next to her, not knowing or questioning anything.

Tough days were going to start and their love will be tested.

We'll face it whatever it is.

___________________________________

Date: 17th of October
Time: 20:30
Location: Miyeon's apartment

There was no work for Miyeon and Yuqi today, so they just grabbed the occasion to spend some time with each other.

"By spending time, did you mean watching a movie or making out?" Yuqi asked, pouring soda in two cups of glass. Miyeon, on the other hand, was going through her old set of CDs, searching for something specific.

"I meant both," she answered and chuckled.

The younger smiled. She didn't know why but her girlfriend had been really tense lately and she was hoping for her to relax. This was the perfect chance.

Miyeon's face suddenly brightened as she found what she was looking for.

"Titanic. A classic."

Yuqi sat on the couch and gave the elder a cup. Soon enough, the movie started but neither of them were focused on the TV screen.

"Baby, can I ask you something?" Yuqi asked, her head resting on Miyeon's shoulder.

"Anything for you," Miyeon replied, her right arm around Yuqi's waist.

"Is there anything stressing you these days?"

She wished she never asked that because the look on Miyeon's face changed completely after tha

"Why are you asking me that?" She said, removing her arm and shifting on her left, away from Yuqi.

"You've been.....strange lately."

Silence. The younger continued.

"I can see the way you're always watching your back. You've been hesitant to let me go somewhere alone and you are kinda...overprotective? Maybe that's why you've been so restless," she explained.

The elder took in a deep breath and stood up.

"It's nothing, just overthinking. I'm going to bed early," she said, before heading to her room.

It's more that Miyeon didn't want to worry Yuqi about this and anyway, there were really chances she was really overthinking.

She left the room but just when she was about to get ready to sleep, she heard a scream.

She ran back to the living room and Yuqi had completely disappeared.

"YUQI? WHERE ARE YOU?" She shouted.

No response except for a small cracking sound right behind her. She held her breath and turned around. Her heart rate almost stopped when she saw five men, all aiming a gun at her.

She was then sure of two things. First, someone had been observing them the whole time and second, Yuqi was no longer in the apartment.

She didn't do any movement but something urged her to run away from where she was.

You can't escape. Better just ask them what they want.

"Why are you here? And where is my girlfriend?" She asked and gulped, too afraid to move.

One of them lowered their gun and so did all of them except the tallest. He just approached her and circled her for a while until finally pointing it at her back. Miyeon could feel this man's finger on the trigger.

"You are so pretty, what a waste but I have to kill you, sweetheart. Any last words?"

"Can you at least tell me if Yuqi is in danger or not?"

If she was to die now, at least she wanted to know that the love of her life was safe.

"Soobin, can you stop? Just kill her already," one of the other men said, rolling his eyes. The others just nodded in approval.

"Well to answer your question, it's because of her that we were asked to take your life. So if this helps your soul, then....."

The elder's heart rate went up as he held her tightly for her not to escape. Even if she could fight right now, they had guns and wouldn't be afraid to use them.

She closed her eyes, clenched her fists and prepared herself.

"3... 2...1...."

He pulled the trigger and in a fraction of second, she was on floor.

The last thing she saw was her own blood, which must have splashed over when she got shot, on the feet of her lover.

Everything went blank after that and Miyeon slowly fell into the hands of death.