N I N E

-THE FIGHT
"i'm telling you jj, you spend way too much time thinking about that gun" kiara went on. meilani laughed at their conversation, this was one that occurred maybe once a month. "i honestly agree" john b chimed in. "you guys got any input?" jj asked the other two, eyebrows raised. meilani and pope looked at eachother, "nah" they said in unison. "two for two, gun stays a priority" "that literally doesn't make sense but okay whatever helps you sleep at night."

the group had been meeting up every night for the past week, just making sure meilani felt safe and content. "guys i want to go surfing" meilani spoke up, "you sure that's a good idea bub?" jj looked down at her. she hadn't been surfing since her accident, and the last time the group went surfing she wasn't even there. "i'm certain, i want to go, please" "fine lets head out"
meilani and kiara went inside to change into their bikinis. "i'm gonna go out, i'll see you in a minute" kiara called. "alright!." meilani tied her bikini strap and left the bathroom. jj walked into her room, "hey bu-" he froze, "meilani, your arms" his face was white like he'd seen a ghost. the girl had completely forgotten the group didn't know about what she had done, and completely disregarded it when she was getting changed.
the blonde approached her and took her arms. he pulled them up towards him and lay soft kisses on them. "lani, i'm-i'm so sorry, i should've known or helped or at least-" meilani cut off the boys ramble, she placed her hand on his face and gave him a soft peck on his lips. "it's not your fault, j" he didn't say anything, instead pulled her close, as if he was never going to let her go again.
"please lani, never put yourself through that, talk instead" he whispered into her hair.

the pogues surfed until sunrise. "i'm gonna head home, i'll see you at the wreck later" meilani smiled to kiara. the group said their goodbyes, "i'll go with mei, i'll see you all later" jj ran after the girl and walked her home.

meilani worked at the wreck with her best friend. mr. carrera hired her last summer and to say that it had helped her out so much was an understatement. the girls closed and made their way to a kegger that was being held by figure 8 and the kooks. the last time they had a proper kegger, a gun was pulled on topper, but that was last summer, it didn't matter now, the pogue and kook drama was close to over now.
"hey guys!" the two girls were greeted by their favourite people. jj gave meilani a hug and pope to kiara. "where's sarah?" meilani asked, arms still wrapped around jjs torso. "she said she'd come with rafe soon."

the kegger was going well, no drama had occurred and if the night was successful the island knew it was a sign of the kooks and pogues making peace with one another. that was short lived until topper showed up, with kelce. rafe had separated himself from the pair after he went to rehab, they weren't good for him.
they were the only kooks who still held grudges against the pogues, mainly of john b and sarah and maybe the fact that meilani had been sleeping with rafe for awhile.
"guys should we leave?" meilani asked, clinging to jj as if her whole life depended on it. "leave? no way. we've done nothing wrong" jj rubbed meilanis back for reassurance.

topper and kelce walked past the friends, "meilanis a slut, over." topper joked. the girl knew straight away that wouldn't sit well with jj. he peeled the girl away from him, handing her off to john b.
"sorry what was that top?" the blonde called out. topper stopped in the sand and turned to face jj. "are you going to pull a gun on me again?" kelce laughed at toppers poor attempt of sarcasm.

"you didn't call meilani a slut did you?" "i mean usually i'd say no, she's pretty hot for a pogue, but i mean last summer it was john b, then maybe pope, then you and then she slept around with rafe cameron? sounds like a major slut to me." jj had had enough, he swung at topper and landed a solid punch to his face. then all hell broke loose, every kook and everyone from the cut gathered around to watch the two fight. john b let go of meilani to get involved, he tried pulling jj but kelce grabbed him and swung a punch at him. "jj stop it!" meilani cried out, but it was no use they were all caught up in the huge fight. "topper stop it!" rafe yelled. meilani and rafe looked at eachother, rafe pulled meilani in giving her a hug to make sure she felt safe.

meilani began to get fed up, she pulled out of rafes grip and ran towards the fight. she ran in between and launched herself onto toppers back. she yanked his hair but he knocked her off. she landed in the sand but got right back up again. she ran at topper who was holding jj in a choke hold. she knocked him to the ground causing him to release jj. john b knocked kelce to the ground.
at this point meilani was straddling topper punching him repeatedly to the face. "haywood what are you doing!!" pope shouted.
jj grabbed meilani from the back and pulled her off of him like she was as light as a feather.

she was screaming and crying, "FUCK YOU TOPPER!" she spat. she was hysterical by now. topper lay on the floor groaning in pain, kelce the same. kiara ran to her best friend pulling her into a hug.
everyone cleared from the beach, the only ones left were the remains from the fight. meilani still crying and screaming at topper. he got up and then left, limping with kelce.
jj picked the fragile girl up, holding onto her for dear life. the group left, trying to calm meilani, on their way to johns house.

after tonight, it seemed as though the drama between the kooks and pogues would never die.