T W E L V E

-HE CAME BACK
"jj!" meilani shout whispered. the boy didn't hear her. she shook him, no use. she decided to crawl on top of him. she straddled him causing him to immediately wake up. he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to lay flat on him. "jj, not now!" the boy looked up at her trying to make out her face in the darkness. "what is it?" he said sitting up in the bed. the girl faced him on his lap, "listen." the pair listened for a few moments until eventually a clattering noise came from the kitchen. "it's nothing lani, lie down" he attempted to pull her back on his chest. "no, jj. there's someone in my house."

the girl crawled off of her boyfriend. her bare feet touched the cold floor. the blonde didn't budge. meilani grabbed a pillow. she swung it at jj and it hit his face. the boy jerked up, "please jj, take this seriously" the girl pleaded. he got up out of bed. he pulled the girl behind him as the creeped towards the bedroom door. they both stood at the door waiting for more sounds to occur. a few minutes past and nothing. "see i told you it was noth-" the boy was cut off by glass smashing. the girl immediately clung onto jj. he rubbed her hair and kissed her forehead, "it's okay" he whispered.
jj flung open the door and meilani followed closely behind him. he switched the light on quickly and it revealed the tall figure standing in the open kitchen. meilani peered out from behind jj to see who the culprit was.
"cayman?" a shocked expression on the girls face. she went pale immediately. the room started spinning and she collapsed.

the girls eyes fluttered open. her blurry vision saw john b, sarah, kiara and pope. "hey sunshine" john b smiled down at the girl. she was highly dazed. she felt a hand grab hers, it was kiara. "kie" meilani smiled. "how are you feeling?" pope asked. "confused" "well you're in the hospital, you collapsed at home" sarah sighed. it was all coming back to her now.

"where's jj?" meilani looked around the room. "he's at your house....you remember who's there right?" john b rubbed the girls forehead. the girl gasped, "cayman." she began breathing heavily. "lani, hey, it's okay alright? it's fine, you're gonna be all good." kiara gripped the girls hand tighter.

they all sat in her room until she fell asleep. john didn't move his hand from her forehead, also holding sarah's hand in his other. pope sat beside his girlfriend who was holding meilanis hand the whole time, whilst leaning her head on his shoulder. the door clicked open. jj slipped in. "there you are!" kiara looked upset. "i'm sorry okay, i'm so sorry but i couldn't let him just vanish again, he was grabbing lots of supplies as if he was bound to head off again" jj whispered. they all kept a low tone while talking to keep meilani asleep. "well, where is he now?" sarah asks. "sheriffs office, with mr. haywood." john b got up to let jj sit on the stool beside the girls bed. he sat down and placed a hand to her forehead, running his hands from her forehead down her hair continuously. "is-is she okay?" he asks the group. "she's confused j, but she's alright, she's strong."

it was the next morning. meilani woke up to jj in the hospital bed beside her, his head nuzzled into her chest and his arms draped around her waist. she felt safety immediately. she looked around to see that she was hooked up to a drip and all other sorts of hospital equipment, she also saw all of her other friends scattered around the room, pope laying on the floor, kiara alseep on one of the chairs, sarah on another and john b asleep on the ground at the end of her bed. a warm smile creeped onto her face.

a kiss was placed on her shoulder. "goodmorning beautiful" jj said in a raspy morning voice. she turned to be on her side and snuggled into his chest. he wrapped his arms around her placing his chin on her head. "is he gone?" meilani sighed. jj looked down at her, "no, he stayed the night at the sheriffs station with your dad." she just nodded and went back to cuddling him.