T E N

-BAD DAYS WITH GOOD OUTCOMES
the girl was still in hysterics. after all this time, a breakdown was going to happen eventually. she sat on johns spare-room bed, in jjs lap. she was shaking and staring at the wall. she was unaware of all the tears streaming down her face, you could see in her eyes she was empty. jj was rubbing her back with his palm. john walked in, a visitor in tow. "i know it's bad timing, but your dad is here." jjs eyes darted to the doorway, there stood mr. maybank with mr. haywood. jj still hadn't managed to get away from his dad, so seeing him stood there with meilanis dad terrified him. meilani didn't look up, it was like she couldn't hear anyone. "lani" jj whispered. she snapped out of her daydream and looked at turned her head so that her cheek was touching jjs lips. "your dad is here" meilani looked up and saw him. she struggled to get up as her back was terribly sore after being earlier thrown off of toppers back. she walked out the doorway past her dad.
the group stood in silence on the porch. "well wh-what do you want?" meilani asked. there was no response. mr. maybank grabbed jj by the arm, escorting him off the porch. "hey! be gentle with him!" the girl called out. the man gave a light laugh in response, forcing jj into the truck. meilani was infuriated watching the truck drive away.
"look we're gonna go, call us later haywood" john b planted a kiss on the girls forehead and took off with sarah, kiara and pope. that left meilani and her dad in an awkward silence. "

"what do you want" she asks walking back inside, her dad in tow. "i wanted to come home to see you..heard a fight broke out tonight, you were involved?" meilani snapped around to face her dad. "so?" "i'm not blaming you for anything, no need for the attitude." "i'm literally not giving you any attitude, and if i was, i'd have every right to, you haven't been home in weeks!" meilani was fed up with her fathers behaviour. "lani please stop that, you know how important my job is" her father seemed agitated. "so important that you left your only daughter at home to fend for herself when she has serious separation issues?" "enough of the attitude meilani!" meilani was so frustrated. she stormed past her father and went into her room and slammed the door.
"that's not fair!!" the man calls after her. "YOU WANNA KNOW WHATS NOT FAIR? I'VE BEEN LEFT AT HOME, HURTING MYSELF ALMOST EVERYDAY AND BEATING MYSELF UP ABOUT CAYMAN AND MOM!" she screamed from the other side of her door. "open your door right now." she twisted the lock and opened it. almost immediately shes hit with a slap across the face. "you think it's easy for me..HUH?!" meilanis in shock. she hadn't been hit by her dad in her whole 16 years of living. she looks up at him. she's terrified at this point. he looks down at her, fear in his eyes, realising what he's just done. without thinking, she runs out of her house, not knowing where to go.

"lani!" kiara shouts. she approaches the girl who's sitting on the dock at john bs. "we didn't even know you were here" she giggles. the girl stays silent. "meilani?" the girl turns around, reluctantly. she looks up at her best friend. kiara gasps. "oh my god, what happened to your face." kiara takes meilanis hand and helps her up. she pulls back the girls hair to examine the bruising. there was also a small cut, which was caused by her dads ring.

"meilani tell me, what happened?" a tear streams down her face. meilani reaches out to wipe it. "he uhm......he hit me" kiaras taken aback, she doesn't know what to say. she pulls meilani close and gives her a warm hug.
the pair walk up the dock to the porch. they approach the boys. "you made it!" pope smiles at meilani as they reach them. jj pauses, he looks at meilani, realising the wound on her face. meilani looks down. "look at me" jj says. she doesn't. "god dammit meilani, look at me!" she looks up this time. she too sees him with a bruise on his face.
he approaches the girl putting a hand on her face, she does the same to him examining his bruise. his thumb grazes over her face. "quit looking at mine, it happens all the time, who did this to you?" she sighs, "my- uhm- my dad" the group look at the girl in shock. the all stand up, engulfing her into a group hug.

"hey lani?" looks at the girl who's facing him while sitting on his lap. "yes jj?" "i know this is probably bad timing but we haven't had a chance to address the situation with..yknow....us?" meilani looks at the boy, a smile breaking onto her face. "thought it was obvious, you just haven't asked yet" she giggles. he looks her right in the eye. "meilani haywood, please for the love of god, be my girlfriend" meilani was bursting with joy. she grabbed the boys face and gave him a sweet kiss. "of course jj maybank"
the group looked at them both, "finally" pope sighed.

————————
hey! so this is just a quick a/n. i hope you've all been enjoying the story so far, i absolutely love writing it!
i'm an outerbanks addict :)
i hope you all enjoyed this chapter, jj and meilani are finally official!! <3

(if you have any suggestions i'd love to hear them!!)