T W E N T Y S E V E N

-THORNTON
the group looked around at eachother in anticipation. by now kelce, a few other kook boys, ms thornton, the carreras and the haywoods had arrived.

nothing of the bounty had been explained to anyone. sarah still hadn't managed to tell the carreras it was her who trashed the restaurant and pope couldn't even face ms thornton. but each adult who was there knew that something was up and that there would later be an explanation of some sort from the teenagers.

"please, say something" kai looked at the nurse, tears in his eyes. cayman placed a hand on his fathers shoulder, trying to console him. "uhm, there is no update. each child is still being examined, but i just came to say that we appreciate your patience and-" "patience? fuck that" jj scoffed. the nurse looked guilty. she then scurried off back to the patients rooms.
-

-

-
footsteps approached the waiting room once again. each collective group looked up. it was sheriff shoupe alongside one of his associates. mr. haywood stood up and walked over to join his team. there was an awkward silence as each family stood up. "we're here to take a report from rafe cameron?" the dishevelled boy looked up as a response to his name being said. he reluctantly stood up and walked towards the kildare county sheriffs.

"we need to know exactly what happened" the sheriff looked at rafe as soon as they reached a quieter spot. rafe took a deep breath and began to explain.
-

-

-

-
it had been over two hours and there was still no update on meilani or topper. jj was beginning to get more impatient by the second. he bounced his leg up and down out of anxiousness. john placed a hand on his knee. "you alright buddy?" he looked at his blonde best friend. "i just need her to be okay" the blonde sighed.

seconds later sheriff shoupe appeared alongside the nurse that had come out earlier. "dr. cynthia thornton?" the woman stood up and walked to the pair.
-

-

-

there was an awkward silence. nurse blair didn't know what to say, all eyes were on her. it was like something out of a movie. everyone waited in anticipation.

"uhm-we're afraid that your son topper....has passed" nurse blair spoke, trying to be as quiet as she could. that was no use as the waiting room exploded into shock.

the woman's face fell, and soon enough she began to sob. kiara stared at pope, breaking down thinking of the worst outcome for meilani. rafe was in hysterics over the news of his former best friend dying whilst being engulfed by his sister sarah.

jj didn't know how to feel. if topper was dead within the same landing as meilani then that was an immediate red flag. his eyes watered and he sat there feeling the weight of the world on his chest. "hey, j, we don't know yet alright? she's probably okay" john b cooed. "we don't know that jb!" he shouted, kiara and pope in an attempt to shush him.
-

-
kai and cayman walked over to where the trio were. "excuse me, i'm sorry for your loss cynthia, but i think i deserve to know if my daughter is okay?" the man was stern. each pogue appeared behind the father and his son.
-

-

-

-
after an additional hour or so after the news of topper, there was still no information on meilani which to the group, was a bad sign. each of them were anxious. rafe in his head, blaming himself for what had happened to topper and constantly thinking about the girl.

nurse blair appeared once again, this time without shoupe or his associate. almost immediately each teenager and adult in the room got to their feet.

"i have some news" blair spoke, nervous from the eyes on her. "meilani haywood, she-uhm-sh-shes alive" she breathed.

with those words leaving the nurses mouth, breaths left everyone's mouths. jj felt an overwhelming need to cry. tears streamed down his face as he thought about the fact she survived and that he'd be okay and she would be too.

"her fall was cushioned by mr thornton giving her that slim chance of survival. she was extremely, extremely lucky."
cayman gathered the group into a hug, each of them feeling an immense amount of relief.

now all that was left to do was to apologise to the adults who now had some sort of idea what the teens had done and the reasoning behind it.
-

-

-

-
here's an update to let you guys know the drama 🙈 rip topper :( i'm gonna miss him in this story, he brought so much <3

write as soon as i can!
-a xox