T W E N T Y O N E

-CONFESSIONS
jj was shaking by now. he didn't know what he was going to say to her or how to even approach the girl.

after a long, radioactive silence, footsteps began to approach. "don't fuck this up j" john placed a hand on his shoulder. jj looked up at the boy standing over him. "real helpful jb" he scoffed.

the girl walked slowly towards the house, head down. she looked up quickly and immediately could see the blonde. in that split second she turned back around and began walking away. "mel!! wait!" john b called out, breaking into a jog towards her.

when he reached meilani, he grabbed her by the shoulders, turning her to face him. "how long is this going to go on for? it's been almost a week" he looked into her eyes, making sure she picked up on every word he was saying. "i don't want to talk to him, i don't know who he is anymore" her voice broke as she spoke.

"lani, please. he loves you and wants to put things right with you." she looked at the ground, picking her nails. john swatted her hand. "give him a chance."

john b laced his fingers with meilanis, leading her back to the house. he grazed his thumb over her knuckles as a sign of reassurance.

jj sat on the porch, head in his hands yet again. "jj" john called out. the blonde looked up, spotting his girlfriend and his best friend.

the original trio since day one stood on the porch together in silence, looking around at eachother. it hadn't been the three of them alone in a while and it felt different, it was like they were young again. both boys still in competition for the girl, them innocently cycling around the cut together, stealing road signs and causing trouble. those were the days.

they often wished they were young again, to avoid huge problems, like this one. but when they thought about it, they wouldn't change a thing as they loved having pope, kiara and sarah around now.

john cleared his throat, "hate to be the one to ruin the moment but i'm gonna leave you two to try and talk." and with that the boy got up and left the pair alone, in a soundless atmosphere.

"i-uhm-it's great to see you" jj broke the awkward silence. meilani said nothing. she stood there leaning against the post squinting her eyes, with an annoyed look on her face. "look i'm gonna be honest, i don't know what to say" he continued. finally this spiked the girl to talk.

"are you fucking kidding me jj? you don't know what to say?" she was enraged. "how about i'm so fucking sorry meilani or i'm sorry lani i didn't mean anything what i said the other day, it was uncalled for." the boy froze, he hadn't ever seen her this angry.

"or was that all the truth and you meant it maybank?" she had an exasperated expression on her face by now. tears began to form at the silence of the frail boy in front of her. "unbelievable" meilanis voice broke as a tear flowed down her cheek.

"yknow what meilani. i am so fucking sorry. i've been so angry at myself for the past week! it's felt like decades since we've talked, god we haven't not talked for this long since that fight in fourth grade over me knocking you off your bike" jjs voice elevated.

"i woke up everyday this week thinking of you and went the whole day thinking about you! i kicked myself every single fucking day, feeling so guilty. i couldn't believe that those words came out of my mouth and were directed at you. i'm so deeply in love with you and a piece of me is missing when you aren't around, i've loved you for years! without you i don't function properly. we're messes together but your mess is mine! and we both have serious daddy issues but that's what makes us who we are together!" jj finished catching his breath from yelling that long.

meilani stared at him, emotionless. she took in everything he said and the way he said it. she walked towards him, looking right into his eyes, inches away from his face.

"you're a fucking asshole" the girl smiled, pressing her lips against his.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
they made up! hopefully it stays like that ;)
write soon xox