T W E N T Y

-SILENCE
meilani lay in her bed for hours, unmoving. she was wide awake, and still angry. she was still in a state of shock and upset that the boy had done that in front of the group of friends. she didn't even know him anymore. she knew his daddy issues were real and she knew he had a short fuse but she had never once suspected something like this from him.

her thoughts were interrupted by a soft and irregular tapping on her window. she sat up and looked sneakily through her blinds. she squinted and could eventually make it out to be jj throwing rocks at her window. almost immediately she lay back down, the sight of him made her want to punch a wall.

"meilani i know you're awake" he whispered loud enough so she could hear. she ignored him. eventually she heard footsteps and they became fainter by the second, indicating he was walking away. tears began to stream down her face as she silently sobbed into her pillow.
-
-
-
"meilani, it's kie! why do you have the porch door locked?" a voice echoed throughout the house. the girl groaned and got up out of bed. she sluggishly walked towards the door to let her best friend in.

"jesus you look like shit" kiara looked at her best friend who had puffy eyes and small bruises on her face. "wow thanks kiara, i expected to look effortlessly beautiful the day after my life came to an end" meilani looked at the girl, giving her a fake smile. "lani it didn't come to an end, you're still here" kiara placed a reassuring hand on the girls back.

"i wanna apologise, yknow for you guys having to see that." kiara scoffs, "no need to apologise, we know what jjs like. i want to apologise to you, i don't understand why jj would treat you like that, he loves you."
"doesn't seem like it now" meilani looks out her window onto the water.
-
-
-
"meilani haywood?" wheezie calls. the girl turns around to see the young girl. "hey wheezie" meilani smiles. "what're you doing here?" wheezie looks at her inquisitively. "is rafe around?" wheezie looked around, "not that i can see." meilani rolls her eyes, "yeah real helpful wheez"

eventually meilani finds the boy. he's sitting on his balcony. "rafe" the boy snaps around to see the girl standing innocently in his bedroom. "uhm hey lani" the boy says awkwardly, praying that the girl hadn't remembered what she had saw last night. "are you alright after yesterday?" the girl sat down next to the boy. "cut the bullshit rafe, don't worry about me. what the fuck happened to you?" meilani had a sense of annoyance in her voice.

rafe looked at her, lost for words. he didn't know how to answer the question. "i-i uhm it was uhm" he stuttered. "god dammint rafe! spit it out"
"look topper and kelce came by last night, yknow after the recent talks between me, you and top, i thought maybe he was coming to make up with me. it seemed like that but all of sudden one thing led to another and topper is pushing me head onto a table telling me i need the coke." meilani looked at the boy, in disbelief.

"then he says he wants to take a walk in the cut, yknow hoping to come across you and the pogues. he was looking for a fight. he wanted you to see me on drugs and he got his way." meilani didn't know what to say. she wasn't shocked in the slightest. there was a silence. "and what jj said, you weren't just a hot and easy body to fuck, i had feelings for you and i cared about you." she got up and gave the boy a hug. "i'll see you around rafe. don't you dare take any more drugs. don't you dare relapse. you were doing great."
-
-
-
-
jj sat on john bs porch waiting for someone to arrive. after a couple minutes footsteps began to approach. he looked up to see the boy who lived there. john ignored the blonde and walked up the steps, pretending like he wasn't there.

"jb please." john turned around and sat beside jj. "what jj, for the love of god what could you possibly say to me right now that would matter." jjs eyes watered, looking at his best friend. "is she okay?" "we haven't heard from her. kiara saw her a couple days ago, but she's just been at home since then" john went on.

"yeah i went by a few days ago, she ignored me. why is she not staying with kie anymore?" concern lacing jjs voice. "it didn't feel right for her. she packed her bags that night and left to go back home" "she's not safe there john!" he yelled. "there's no one there. cayman started working for the sheriffs office so he's gone as much as mr haywood."
-
-
-
-
jj sat there head in his hands. "she's on her way, i called her." he picked his head up and a small smile spread across his face.
this would be the moment he'd find out how bad the damage to her was.
-
-
-
-
what's going to happen when meilani turns up? will she speak to him?
write soon! xoxox