E I G H T E E N

-THE BREAKAWAY
the group gathered at the dock. jj and meilani faced john b, sarah, pope and kiara with their bags. meilani placed her hand on her forehead shielding her eyes from the sun.

"when are you guys coming back?" john asked. "we're only staying for two days, we'll see you all back here on friday at seven am" jj did his handshake with the two boys and meilani was gathered in a group hug with her girls. "we're gonna miss you" sarah smiled as the girls part. "it's two days, you'll survive without us" "us? who said anything about missing jj" kiara smiled sarcastically, making sure jj could hear. "shut up kie, you love me really."

the pair waved goodbye to their friends and hopped onto the ferry for their mini break.
-
-
-
-

meilani woke up in her hotel bed next to her boyfriend. she gazed up at him, admiring his face. he had a few scars, it made her sad but she knew someday he'd get away.
she placed her hand on his face and his eyes flutter open.

"goodmorning bub" she whispered up at him. "morning" jj pulled her closer, knowing how safe it made her feel. "what should we do for our final day?" "i have somewhere i want to take you." meilani hopped out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready.

jj interlocked his hand into his girlfriends. he placed a kiss on her forehead as she leads him through the streets of the beautiful, small island.

eventually the pair arrive at some white gates surrounded by foliage. "what is this place?" jj looks around. "one of my special places."
as a child, meilanis mother used to take her on girly trips to the island to have a break from the boys at home. the place she was bringing her boyfriend was special to her that he wouldn't even understand.

she led her boyfriend down a sand dune, to this closed off beach. it was tiny, maybe 8 people could be there at a time. it was extremely private and only the known people could go there. they got to a second entrance and this time security was standing there. "excuse me, you can't be here" the lady looks at the pair. meilani reaches into her pocket and hands the lady a small key fob with painted butterflies on it and the girls initials.

"forgetting me so soon victoria?" she smiled at the woman. the security guard looks up surprised, "meilani haywood it's really you?" it looked as if she were about to cry. they engulf eachother into a warm, familiar hug.
the girl reaches into her pocket again, claiming a second key fob. this one had tiny painted flowers on it with the initials 'l.h', lya haywood. "your mothers fob?" victoria says taking it into her hand. "for my friend here, so he can come in with me." meilani looks over at jj who seems in awe of what's happening.

"of course, sweetheart" victoria scans both fobs, indicating that the pair have gained access. meilani hugs the woman again, whispering something into her ear. victoria nods and the girl takes her boyfriends hand and walks through the entrance.

meilani peels back a large piece of foliage to reveal an empty beautiful beach. the water was as blue as you could imagine and the sand was so white. it was nothing jj had ever seen before and he was so surprised he had never heard about this place before. the girl ran excitedly in front of the boy, jumping and leaping around the place out of sheer joy.

the blonde boy looked on to watch his girlfriend in awe. he had never in his life ever seen her this happy except for maybe that one time she bought her first pack of candy all by herself when she was eight. the boy loved seeing her this happy and longed for it to last forever.
her eyes glistened in the sun, as if she had just discovered the best place in the world.
"c'mon bubba!" she called out running towards the water.

jj peeled his sleeveless shirt off and ran after meilani. when he reached her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and she instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist. as he held her in the water he looked directly into her eyes, she did the same to him. he leaned in and gave her the sweetest kisses on her soft lips, repeatedly. "i love you" he repeated after each kiss. she innocently bit her lip, letting soft giggles out. at this moment in time she radiated happiness.
-
-
-
after some time in the water, the pair returned to the sand. meilani sat comfortably in between jjs legs, her head resting just above his crotch, while he slightly crunched up, playing with her hair. "i've never seen you this happy and comfortable in your whole life lani" he said softly, the waves crashing in the background. "hey, except for that time when i bought my very own candy when i was eight" she smiled up at him. jj smirked, recalling exactly what he had thought earlier.

"i love how happy this place makes you" the boy placed a kiss on her forehead. she was a sucker for forehead kisses. "it gives me an escape j. i forget absolutely everything when i'm here. me and my mom would come here every day when we stayed on this island, we never wanted to leave. i haven't been back here since she died. we were actually here a week before her death." meilani recalls her story and the blonde listens intently. "why'd you bring me?" "because i'm so in love with you jj, i wanted to share this moment with you." the boy motioned the girl to flip over. she lay on top of him, not in a sexual way, but in a comforting way. he closed the gap between them, "thank you, that makes me so happy."
-
-
-
after hours of laying in the sun, the pair gather their things to leave the beach. on the way out victoria calls after them. "meilani! don't forget this!" she runs towards them with something in her hand. she slides it into the young girls hand, winking. meilani smiles and thanks her, walking away.

they make it back to the hotel. "here i need to show you something" meilani grabs jj and they sit on the bed together. "close your eyes and hold out your hands" jj listens to the girl and follows the simple order. she places a small object into his hand, "open."

the boy looks down to see a painted key fob with the initials, 'j.m' on it. his very own key fob. "lani" he says, puffing his bottom lip out. he pulls the girl into a hug, repeatedly saying thank you. meilani smiles, resting her head on his shoulder as he hugged her.
-
-
-
-
a/n:
longest chapter yet!
i had so much fun with this one and i hope you enjoyed it :)
also happy pride month babies!!!
xoxoxox