T W E N T Y S I X

-PULSES
"no, no, no, no, no" rafe mumbled repeatedly as he stumbled down the stairs of the hawks nest. he made a sprint towards the spot the pair fell together.

the boy tumbled to his knees beside the two, meilanis frail body draped over topper. he took his index finger and middle finger to meilanis neck and then wrist. no pulse. he took meilani by the back and gently lifted her off of topper onto the sand. he then checked toppers neck and wrist. no pulse either.
-

-
he reached into his pocket and felt around, no phone. "shit" he mumbled under his breath, realising they were instructed to leave all their belongings behind before meeting at the hawks nest.

"help!" rafe yelled, causing a strain to his vocal chords. he yelled continuously but nothing. he looked at meilani, then at topper. he didn't know what to do with their seemingly lifeless bodies laying in front of him. he knew if he wanted help, he'd have to leave. but the thoughts of leaving them alone sparked fear. what if him leaving them meant they'd die.
-
-
the boy took his right palm placing it over the top of his left hand. he began to preform CPR on meilanis chest. after a couple of minutes he tried topper, trying to keep a balance between them. rafe felt as though he wasn't living in this moment and that it was all a dream.

he took his mouth and placed it over meilanis lips, blowing air into her lungs. he did another five pumps onto her chest, blowing air back into her lungs. then back to topper.
-

-

-

-
"they've been gone too long" jj was pacing back and forth at the château. "j, chill alright?they'll be back soon." john b placed his hand on the blondes back.

"no, fuck this. i'm going to the nest. i don't care anymore, they're in danger." the blonde boy climbed onto his dirt bike. "that's not a good idea jj" pope looked at him. "popes right" kiara chimed in. "god guys, what the fuck is wrong with you? their lives are in danger. for gods sake sarah, it's your brother. and jb? that's our best friend since day one. for all we know they could be dead meat by now. and yknow what, i'm willing to take the risk to see if they're okay."

and with that the group clambered into the van following jj on his bike.
-

-

-

-
"shit meilani please wake up!" rafe was sweating trying to proceed the CPR on both of them, alone for the last ten minutes.
suddenly the frustrated boy heard two engines approaching. "HELP" he screamed.

"guys did you hear that?" kiara said hopping out of the van. "HELP!!" the call was heard again. almost immediately, the group took off running.
-

-
rafe looked up to see the gang bolting towards him. meilani was stretched out on the sand, lifeless. topper was the same.

"what the fuck!" jj shouted falling at his knees at meilanis side. sarah and pope tended to topper alongside rafe while john b and kiara fell beside jj. no questions were asked jj just began to continue the CPR on her placing his lips on hers. "please wake up sweet girl, i need you!"

jj had so much love for her. it was a realisation for him, seeing her like this. he couldn't be without her. she was all he had and she meant everything to him. if she was gone he wouldn't know how to survive. he had never in his whole life felt this much love for someone before, it was a newly found force to him and he knew it meant something.

"call someone! for the love of god call someone!" the blonde cried.
kiara took her phone out and called the paramedics.
-

-

-

-

-
after what seemed like a lifetime, topper and meilani made it to the hospital, both still without pulses. the group sat in the waiting room of the hospital. jj and kiara still crying, rafe still trying to process what had happened whilst sarah comforted him and john b and pope stood watching the madness unfold even more.

jjs mind was flooded with thoughts. what on earth had happened and why wasn't he there? rafe couldn't even say anything so the situation wasn't explained. the blonde was unaware of the tears flowing down his face, but he felt his heart shattering. he couldn't get the image of his bloodied faced girlfriend out of his head.

"he dragged her down with him" rafe stuttered. all attention was now on him. "topper. he arrived after a while of us being there. we were terrified, her more so than me. i held her hand and tried to comfort her, i'm sure she was thinking of johns accident last year with topper, so that scared her more. he approached us, making fun of us for being there for one another. he said he was going to kill us, even though you had done the task, we ruined his life, according to him" rafe let his rant flow.

"i let go of her hand, biggest mistake i've ever made. i walked towards top, trying to tell him that everything would be okay and he could get help but it was like he wasn't even there. all of a sudden he's disappeared from in front of me and when i turned around he had grabbed meilani and jumped."

jj felt rage bubble inside of him. he got up and grabbed rafe up off of his chair by the collar. "you let go of her fucking hand" he spat into his face. rafe had a look of fear in his eyes.

john grabbed jj by the bicep. "jj shut the fuck up. it isn't rafes fault. you try being up there being at the edge of death? your fucking girlfriend, our best friend is borderline dead and you're picking up fights in the waiting room?" john paused.

"grow up." he threw him back down into his chair. the blonde looking up at him, a sour look on his face.
-

-

-
a nurse walked out into the waiting room. "oh wow there are a lot of you here" she smiled at them. they all looked at her. "well? what is it?" kiara spoke. the nurses face fell.
-

-

-
cliffhanger! i know i'm sorry!
i'll update as soon as i can!
love you all <3 hope you're all doing alright :)
-a xox