4.8 | You with me

26th December 2015

Angled into the corner, Eloise buries herself into the oversized armchair, shirking the attention of the group of obnoxious young men across the lounge.

Fanning herself with her passport, she checks her watch again.

She'd landed from London just before 2.30pm.

Harry, Anne and Robin are due from Manchester at 3.30pm.

The rest are all flying in from LA on the Azoff's jet, due soon after. Jeff, Glenne and his parents. Ben and Mer had stayed in LA for Christmas, hosting her parents. James and Julia too, with their parents staying on now to look after the kids for them.

Having changed from the leggings and sweatshirt she'd flown in, into a black t-shirt maxi dress and her trusty black Birkenstocks, Eloise idly slides her folded sunglasses along the neckline of her dress.

Distractedly staring out the window across the urban sprawl of downtown Miami, she can't help but reflect on it only being six days since she'd seen Harry. She has missed him terribly after spending all their time together for past six weeks; well, the last six months, in fact.

Since the boys released the album in mid-November, they'd been busy with high-profile performances, interviews and appearances on final promo circuits in London, New York and then LA; Jonathan Ross, GMA, Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen, The AMAs, The Late Late Show and Carpool Karaoke. 

Eloise had been along for the wild ride.

In LA, she'd gambled on a last minute audition and ended up landing a small role; Debora in Baby Driver, a slick heist caper with an awesome soundtrack. Due to start shooting with Ansel Elgort and Kevin Spacey in February, she's still pinching herself. What is this life, all of a sudden?

They'd returned back to London in mid December for the boys' last live performance at the X Factor final.

They're now officially on hiatus and couldn't be more deserving of the indefinite break. They'd practically collapsed in a heap.

Eloise had headed up to Holmes Chapel for a few days with Harry before heading home to her parents' house where her Swedish grandparents were staying for Christmas. After six long days of acting the diligent daughter and biting her tongue with her stressed out mother, she'd leapt out of bed early this morning with a spring in her step, eager for the flight to Miami. She can't wait to see him.

She checks her watch again. He hasn't called to say they've landed yet, but they can't be far off, surely. "Oh, hurry up, H", she whines to herself.

What's that saying? 'Speak of the devil, and he may appear'.

She barely registers the thump of a bag against her chair, before long arms wrap tightly around her from behind. "Well, fancy meeting like this again?", he laughs lowly in her ear.

Only momentarily distracted by the feel of his arms and the smell of his cologne, she jumps up and throws herself at him in a tangle of limbs.

>

In contrast to the excitable noisy rabble around them, Eloise is rendered speechless as she steps down from the Escalade at the Port of Miami.

Grinning at her response, Harry slings an arm over her shoulder and steers her down towards the jetty.

The huge blue-hulled super yacht, the C2, looms large in front of them, rising three decks above sea level.

When the Captain and his attentive crew welcome them all on board and give them a short tour, they're all impressed and feeling even more excited for the week ahead.