12.2 | Forever yours

19th September 2019

After indulging in a little well-deserved lie-in after their long drive, Harry finally blinks awake.

The subtle scent of lemon, from the trees growing on the hillside below, floats upon a gentle breeze, through the open balcony doors. The gauzy cotton curtains dance through a shaft of sunlight as they billow lazily into the room.

Unmoving, he casts just his eyes up, to find Eloise, scrolling quietly through her phone. Laying on her side, facing him, the sheet is draped loosely over her waist, but, absentmindedly twirling a lock of hair around her finger, her bent arm covers her chest - disappointingly, for him.

Engrossed in something on her screen, she doesn't immediately notice he's awake, so he takes the opportunity to drink her in, unabashed.

Then, moving suddenly, he makes her jump. Slipping his hand from under his pillow, he snatches her phone.

Deftly flipping it around and swiping up to bring up her camera, he manages to snap a photo before she can recover from the shock of his sudden movement.

Cottoning on, she's just too slow to block his shot. "Babe, no! What are you-? Stop! I'm a state".

"You're absolutely not...", he scoffs good-naturedly, voice low and gruff. "See?".

Turning her screen back to her, he shows her the photo. "Just look at what I get to wake up to every morning... Now and forever", he grins, smugly. "God, I'm the luckiest bloody bastard in the whole universe!", he calls out, laughing with glee.

Rolling her eyes, she takes her phone back and squints an appraising eye at the photo, chuckling wryly. "Ooh, yeah... Lucky you!", she rolls her eyes. "Messy hair, creases on my cheek from my pillow, a random smattering of freckles, and, fucking hell, is that a spot on my chin?", she gasps in panic, feeling for it gingerly.

"I just see a goddess-, my goddess! Just look at those eyes...", he prompts, scooting closer to share her pillow as he gazes lovingly. "That's my very favourite colour, you know? That exact shade of blue... A light and bright cornflower blue; crystal clear, but with the slightest hints of light grey and lilac... They seem to get brighter and bolder through the day, you know? They're always amazing, but, first thing in the morning, in the right light, they're just the most incredible pure blue hue".

"Oh, my God...", she simpers. "Are you going to be this moony for the next couple of weeks?".

"You bet!", he tugs her into the crook of his arm, pressing kisses to her forehead as she nuzzles into his neck.

Rolling back, he drapes her over him in a languid, sprawling cuddle, taking a moment, just for them.

"How did I ever get so lucky-?", she whispers in disbelief before trailing off, distracted as she gazes up at him, taking note of the crystal olive hue of his own dreamy eyes in this magical light.

Reverently trailing her fingers from his jaw to his cheekbone, she stretches up to rake them over his fluffy hair and scalp.

She thought he might chop it last week, but he'd returned home with just the merest trim, leaving his curls relatively long, grazing his ears. Unstyled, that just means they stick up even more wildly than normal, with some ringlets starting to form again through the lengths on top.

"What was that?", he murmurs, prompting her with a sexy smirk already stretching across his face. "You want to get lucky? Oh, that can absolutely be arranged", he chuckles naughtily, rolling to pin her to the mattress.

>

Detaching from her kiss, he arches his neck to drag his lips down the long column of hers. After peppering kisses over her collarbones, and then over her chest, he shifts further down between her legs, to continue his journey south more comfortably.