10.2 | With you

7th January 2018

"Baby, no...", Eloise grumbles, rolling over and burrowing into Harry's chest as he tries to rouse her from her sleep.

"Mmm hmm, wakey wakey!", he sing songs, raking his hands through her hair; the curls from last night now wildly dishevelled.

Feeling the warmth of his chest, hearing the solid thump of his heart right below her cheek, and not even needing to see the beaming dimpled smile on his face, she knows resistance is futile.

Arching her back in a deep stretch, she nuzzles into his neck and mumbles, "If you're robbing me of precious sleep because you're horny again-". His unnecessarily loud bark of laughter cuts her off.

"Mum made us some coffees, bright and early! Isn't that sweet?", he says pointedly, chuckling again when the penny drops and she cranes her neck back, bright blue eyes now opened wide.

Grinning sheepishly, she peers over her shoulder to see his mum in the partially open doorway, proffering two steaming mugs. "Sorry to intrude...", Anne blushes slightly.

"No need; and certainly not with caffeine! Thank you", she flips over and untangles herself from Harry. Well, tries to. She yelps in surprise when he pulls her back, propped up against his chest.

"I'll just leave them here... Bit hot". Anne places the mugs carefully on the nightstand, then hesitates for a beat before perching on the mattress on Eloise's side of the bed. "Actually, I, umm... Just want a minute alone with you both while I still can, before all the madness", she grins softly.

>

After Anne's little pep talk, bursting with love and pride, leaves them both grinning and blushing, Harry reaches over to tug at her arm to pull her closer. Taken by surprise, she lands ungainly between them, buried face first into Eloise's pillow. In a tangle of hair and arms, they share a giggling, jubilant group hug.

Pulling back to right herself, Anne sits back up and takes stock, looking between the two of them. She lifts a hand to ruffle Harry's messy bedhead, as she's done a thousand times before. "Oh, how lucky am I?", she grins, patting his cheek. "How handsome is my date for tonight, hey? I'm sorry for taking him off you, darling", she casts her eyes to Eloise.

"I don't know...", he swats her hand away, "Hers is pretty special too!".

"Have you not thought any more about just going public?", Anne asks, looking between them. "It's the biggest night of your careers so far; I just wish you could support each other without having to hold yourselves back".

"I know, Mum; we know... But there's already a lot on today, and we don't need to add that to the list", he rolls his eyes playfully.

"Oh, what's all this then? Something else I wasn't invited to?", Gemma interrupts, sassily joking from the door before taking a run up and leaping on to the bed too. "You better not be starkers?", she raises an eyebrow at Harry, as he tries to fend her off with one arm.

"Better not risk it then, hmm?", he sasses back. "Alright, alright, I love you, but please piss off, both of you... We'll be down in a few minutes".

>

As they skip out the bedroom, Eloise's phone pings again on her nightstand, but he wraps his arm tighter around her waist to stop her reaching for it. "Today's going to be insane... Just give me another few minutes, just us, please?".

How could she refuse him that? Melting into his hold, she then twists around to peck slow, soft kisses up his neck and jaw.

"I'm so fucking proud of you, baby", he sighs. "I know you won't love all the attention later, but you so deserve it... What mum said- If it all gets a bit overwhelming, you know I'll do anything I can to help... Anything; please just ask. Promise me?".