7.6 | Adore you

5th January 2017

Oh, the glamour.

The stylist didn't warn Eloise about this earlier in the week.

Another quick change in the toilets; throwing items from her previous outfit over the stall door to the BBC Publicity Assistant scrambling around on the other side.

They'd just wrapped up their penultimate interview at the Artesian Bar in the luxurious Langham Hotel.

No cocktails, boo. But soon enough...

Two more stops on this mini press tour and then they're done.

Following a day of prep on Monday, they'd had two days of photoshoots and interviews, followed by today's live shows and the final few press journalists.  After This Morning, then BBC Radio 2, they're now cutting it fine for The One Show - hence the quick change and make-up check. They'll finish with a final rescheduled interview for the Sunday Times' Culture magazine.

Then, she'll be getting her hands on some wine. Pronto.

Things had been better than she feared they would be with James, but definitely awkward. Not least after the bombshell from New Year's Eve about Milly cheating on Ollie with him.

She felt she'd been relatively restrained when she snapped and gave him a piece of her mind a tense couple of hours into Monday's prep day.  After that, he'd been fairly sullen, but had given her space whenever they weren't in the presence of nosy journalists.

>

Clambering out of the stall to re-style her hair - for the fifth time today - and touch up her make-up in the mirror, she casts an eye over her outfit; a black roll-neck, fine knit jumper, statement monochrome skirt and killer high heels.

Coughing on a cloud of hairspray, she hurries out the bathroom and has to withhold an envious eye roll when she sees James.

He leans casually against a column in the lobby. Scrolling idly through his phone, he looks comfy as anything in the same outfit he's had on for the last few interviews; chunky black boots, black jeans, a grey t-shirt and a black blazer, with a fucking zero maintenance blonde buzz cut.

Fiona, the BBC Senior Publicist, ushers them out, handing over her black leather Celine Nano handbag and long navy woollen Burberry trench coat.

Eloise shrugs them both on as she skips down the front steps, skirting around a noisy family of American tourists blocking the entrance.

Picking her way carefully over the pedestrian crossing at Langham Place, they head directly over the road to BBC Broadcasting House where they're due to film a live interview for The One Show.

Trying to conceal her grimace at the bracing wintery bite on her bare legs and the pinch of the killer pointed patent black high-heeled pumps, she's thankful it's literally only a two minute walk.

Even the friendly team and lovely hosts can't allay her flash of nerves as they're quickly mic-ed up and bustled on to the sofa.

It's her second live TV interview of the day; only her second ever, for that matter.

>

Parrying back and forth, they rehash easy answers to the similar questions about the series and filming that they've had for the last three days.

Despite Eloise's status as a newcomer, they've already mentioned her Dad and brothers, and her glamorous best friends in Adele and Rosie. "So this can't feel totally alien to you, can it?".