9.7 | All yours

5th December 2017

Eloise lands at Haneda airport, in Tokyo, just after lunchtime on Tuesday.

A little bamboozled by the brightly lit signage in a dizzying mix of scripts, is she still a bit hungover from Gem's birthday or just jet-lagged again?

She hasn't been to Tokyo since her gap year, six years ago, and is quickly reminded of that slightly unsettling feeling of being blonde, tall, white and female here. It feels like every eye in the busy - but disconcertingly quiet and polite - arrivals hall is on her.

Eventually, her eyes land on what she's been scanning for. A charming older man with her name emblazoned on a white board. Well, almost; 'Mrs. E. Stiles'. Jeff's a fucker.

It's bright and sunny but chillingly cold when she steps out behind him, heading towards the car park as he wrangles her drunkenly rolling large suitcase alongside him.

Taken by the beauty of Japan, and eternally fascinated with its culture, she gapes out of the window for the entirety of the thirty five minute journey into the city centre.

When the driver lets her know they're five minutes away, she puts in a call to Jeff. Apparently Harry has just headed down to the spa, so the coast will be clear.

>

Entering the lobby of the luxe Aman hotel, with her ears still popping from the rapid ascent to the thirty-third floor, she bustles out of the lift and immediately feels the need to temper her excited energy to avoid disrupting the hallowed, opulent calm.

All clean lines, soaring ceilings and muted palettes, with everything at a hushed volume, it's like a blissful sanctuary, floating serenely in the clouds above the high octane energy of the streets below.

A quick glance reveals Jeff, on the phone, pacing in front of a tall window near the bar. Catching the eye of the host behind the check-in desk, she points to him and changes tack, smiling as he gestures with a courteous bow.

Giving him some space to wrap up his call, she looks around and admires the beautiful lobby, smart clientele and attentive staff. Casting a glance over her shoulder, she catches sight of a stretch of the inviting, shimmering blue of the pool peeking through the far wall of the lobby, into the adjacent spa, and leaps behind a pillar, ducking out of sight.

"What's up?", Jeff chuckles, casting an eye over his shoulder before rolling his eyes and wrapping a hand around her arm to pull her out from her hiding place and into a tight hug. "Your secret's safe, don't fret! He'll be in the steam room, I'd wager... He said his throat was feeling a bit froggy after the flight", he explains as they head back to the lifts.

>

After successfully sneaking up to Harry's suite, she quickly strips off.

It's heavenly, but she manages to pull herself from the blissful waterfall shower with pulsing jets. She has something even more tempting on her mind.

With her little black bikini covered by a hotel robe, she skips down to the spa, brimming with mischief and excitement.

Checking out the spacious gym and sleek reformer pilates and yoga studios along the way, her step falters as she enters the spa.

With its sleek lines and astonishing views entirely undisturbed, it appears completely empty. Hmm?

Scuffing slightly on the polished slate flooring as she pads around in a pair of hotel slippers, she finally locates the steam room, tucked around a corner at the back. Hanging up her robe, she takes a deep breath and slowly opens the door, immediately getting a face full of escaping, fragrant steam. Sweaty balls, it's hot in here.