Twenty-One

"Baby, Cleo is coming. You can't stop her. Your contractions are strong and painful. We need to get you inside so Cleo is born in a place where she and you are safe. Where you can get help."

"No. Take me home," Olivia replied, before starting to cry from a contraction. It took her by surprise because the last one hadn't been more than five minutes before.

"Olivia, it's go time baby. We are getting a daughter soon." Elliot spoke. Olivia shook her head as she closed her eyes tightly. 

"No." She whimpered over and over again. Elliot reached out and gently caressed Olivia's hair as he knelt beside her.

"I know that you want the best for Cleo... so that means we have to get you inside."

"Take me home." Olivia sobbed.

|+|

Elliot ran inside and left his girlfriend in the car. He had Dr. Murr paged, and it wasn't long before she came down and went out to the car with Elliot. Elliot was praying that Dr. Murr would be able to convince Olivia to get out of the car so she could help her deliver Cleo, but Olivia was scared to death about giving birth once again.

"Olivia?" Dr. Murr questioned gently, as she opened the door to Olivia's side of the car. She squatted down before reaching out and gently touching Olivia's stomach. She wanted to try and feel Cleo's position, but Olivia pushed her hand away before she could.

"Go away! I just want to go home!" Olivia sobbed.

"Olivia, you can't go home. You need to come inside so I can examine you. So I can help you bring Cleo into the world."

"I don't feel safe here! I want to go home." Olivia whimpered, as she looked over and saw Elliot standing next to a wheelchair.

"Honey, how far apart are your contractions?" Dr. Murr asked, as she reached across Olivia and unbuckled her seatbelt.

"I-i don't know..."

"They were about seven minutes apart on our way here, but she had one right before I came in and they were less than five minutes apart," Elliot spoke.

"We are going to get you inside. Do you remember how fast Michaela came into this world?"

"Really fast..." Olivia whispered.

"Yeah. So it's important you are in a comfortable bed when this little girl decides to make her entrance into the world."

"Dr. Murr-"

"I've been your doctor for years, honey. I've helped you every time after Chris raped you... you can trust me. I will take the absolute best care of you and little miss." Dr. Murr smiled gently. Olivia was sobbing as she nodded. 

Dr. Murr wrapped her arm around Olivia's waist and helped her out of the car before helping her slowly walk to the wheelchair. Olivia held her swell as she went silent through a contraction. Elliot got into the car and grabbed the bag before running into the hospital behind Dr. Murr and Olivia.

|+|

Olivia was shaking once Elliot was allowed in with her. Dr. Murr had gotten a good group of nurses to take care of Olivia, and only one left the room at a time so Olivia was always surrounded.

"Hey, baby." Elliot breathed, as he walked into the room and sat Olivia's bag at the foot of her hospital bed.

"They said Cleo could be here in the next hour," Olivia whispered, her words shaking as they left her lips. Olivia had been doing fine mentally the last few months, but now it was like she was back to square one. She was scared and crying.

"That's good-"

"It's not good. She won't be safe once she's out of my belly... he could hurt her." She whimpered.

"Who could hurt her? Honey-"

"Chris is such a bad man... he'll take her from me." Olivia sobbed. Elliot quickly sat beside her before holding her close. He ran his fingers over her back before leaning back slightly to look her in the eyes.

"Christopher is gone, Olivia. He's never coming back. He won't hurt you, Michaela, Julia, or Cleo ever again. I'm here to protect you. I'm here to be a father to your daughters. To our daughters. I'll be here through all of the pain. I'll be here when Cleo takes her first breath and cries for the first time. You will not be alone."

"Can you hold me?" Olivia whispered as if she was scared Elliot would be mad. He would never be angry with her in the way that Chris had been. 

"Do you want me to get behind you?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded nervously. Elliot placed a soft kiss to the corner of Olivia's mouth before helping her sit forward. He slipped behind her before holding her close. He felt her body slowly stop shaking, and the tears stopped slipping down her cheeks.

Olivia felt safe in Elliot's arms, in a way she has never felt safe before. 

|+|

Elliot stayed behind Olivia through the rest of her labor and Dr. Murr even allowed him to hold Olivia while she gave birth to Cleo.

"You are so close, Olivia! Just keep going!" Dr. Murr encouraged, as nurses quietly moved around the room in preparation for Cleo Marie. She was three weeks early, but Dr. Murr was sure that Cleo would be perfectly healthy.

"No more babies!" Olivia cried as she held on tightly to Elliot's arms. He had her wrapped up in his arms, his hands placed to her swell.

"We can do whatever you want to do, Livvie. I'm here for you." Elliot cooed, before gently pressing a kiss to Olivia's neck. He felt as she tightened her grip on his arms before crying out.

Elliot closed his eyes tightly but opened them just a moment later as he heard the most beautiful sound in the world. Elliot looked down and saw Cleo. She was red and screaming at the top of her little lungs, but she was beautiful.

"Olivia." Elliot breathed, as tears slipped down his cheeks.

"Y-yeah?" Olivia struggled to breathe.

"Look." He spoke gently. Olivia hesitantly opened her eyes, before quickly reaching out for her newborn baby girl.

After all she had gone through in the last 9 years, this is what she needed. She needed another amazing little girl to help heal her broken heart.