Twenty-Eight

Moving back in together wasn't an easy process. Elliot and Olivia were together again, but weren't on good terms still. Elliot made sure to tell Olivia that he knew she was having trust issues and thought that closing herself off from everyone else was going to protect herself, but he also made sure that she knew he wouldn't hurt her like Chris did. Never.

"Dad?" Maureen asked, as she came downstairs nearly three weeks after her father had broken up with Olivia and then had gotten back together with her.

"Hey, kid. Can you all sit down?" Elliot spoke, as the rest of the kids filtered into the room. Kathy was standing next to her ex-husband, because she was going to help him figure out how to get the kids to forgive Olivia enough to want to spend time at the house again.

"What's happening?" Lizzie sighed softly.

"Uh, so for the sake of Olivia's girls... she and I are trying to get together again. We are living together again and trying our relationship." Elliot spoke.

"After the way she treated you?! She was using you, Dad!" Maureen yelled.

"Hey, c'mon." Kathy frowned, as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"No, Mom! I'd rather have you and Dad together again instead of him and that crazy bitch!" Maureen screamed. She stood and ran from the room, but no one went after her. Everyone knew that she needed some time, and they planned on giving her just that.

"Are we going to be a family? Or just what we were before you wanted to adopt the girls?" Kathleen asked quietly. Elliot shrugged as he ran his hand over his face.

"We aren't even close to how we used to be. But Julia is really depressed... I've never seen a kid this far gone. But she doesn't eat. And she never gets out of bed. I love her too much to let her suffer. So if I have to suffer, I will just to make sure those three girls don't end up all messed up later in life."

"Do you think you two will ever be happy again?" Dickie asked, and Elliot shrugged.

"I have no idea... but I'd be happier if you all would start staying with us again. We are closer to your school, and the girls could really use you all. They miss having this big family, and they have been lonely... I have been too." Elliot breathed.

"Can I play with Michaela and Julia whenever I want?" Eli questioned loudly, and Elliot smiled as he rubbed his neck.

"I think so, little guy."

|+|

Four out of the five kids decided to stay with Olivia and Elliot again. Maureen refused to stay with them because she hated Olivia and how she once again had her father in her clutch.

"I guess Maureen is never coming over to stay." Elliot sighed softly, as he walked into the bedroom he and Olivia were sharing once again. Olivia was standing by the bed as she changed Cleo's diaper.

"I'm sorry... I know that you wanted all of the kids here and I messed that up big time." Olivia frowned. She finished buttoning Cleo's jumper, before moving out of the way so Elliot could lift the baby up and hold her.

"This fight got out of hand, Olivia. Things were said and feelings were hurt. I just wish it never happened so everything wouldn't be hard again. We were in a good place, and then everything quickly went down hill." Elliot frowned. He sat down and cuddled Cleo close as she yawned and started to fall asleep again.

"Do you want me to talk to her? I'm sure if I go to her and beg her for forgiveness, she'll come back." Olivia offered.

"She holds grudges, Liv. She's stubborn and has told me many times that she doesn't want us together. She even called you a crazy bitch." Elliot sighed. He stood and moved to the bassinet. He laid Cleo down in it after he kissed her forehead softly.

"Do you think I'm a crazy bitch?" Olivia asked, as she came out of the bathroom. Elliot turned to look at her before shrugging.

"Sometimes you are crazy... sometimes you are mean and a bitch... sometimes you are both... but other times you are just Liv." Elliot spoke. Olivia smiled softly before stepping closer to him. She hesitantly placed her hand to his waist before looking in his eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" Olivia asked, and Elliot swallowed hard before just hugging Olivia tightly.

"You are my crazy bitch, Olivia." Elliot teased, as he rubbed Olivia's back.

"That's the nicest compliment you have ever given me." Olivia laughed. She closed her eyes tightly as she rested her head in the crook of his neck.

"I love you, Liv. I just hope this can all work out."

|+|

The next morning, Elliot dropped the kids off at all of their practices and appointments. Julia had to talk to her therapist, who was actually helping now that Julia was willing to talk. While Elliot was out of the house and even had Cleo with him, Olivia decided to go and see Maureen. She knew that she might regret it, but she kept telling herself that it would be worth it. That it would be worth it to see Elliot's face when he got to spend a weekend with all of his kids.

"Olivia?" Kathy spoke quietly as she opened the front door. She didn't want Maureen to hear and freak out.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could talk to Mo," Olivia spoke quietly.

"I don't think that would be a good idea. She's really angry at you."

"I know that, and I wanted to come here and try to clear things up. Elliot needs all of his kids together, and I'd like to have Maureen back too. She and I were close, and then everything got all messed up." Olivia frowned.

"She doesn't want you and Elliot together, Olivia. And I'm sorry, but I won't be having you in my house and allowing you to harass my daughter. She may be almost eighteen, but she's my baby and I don't want her to be in more pain. I'm sorry." Kathy sighed, before shutting the door in Olivia's face.